FG Spreadshirt Swag

Rule Question: Auto Fire

Hi all,

I tried to register on the Mongoose forum, but I'm having a tough time connecting for some reason.

Maybe you'all can help.

Reading the rules in both the Core rule book and the Updated Core rule book for Traveller 2e, I still can't figure out Auto fire.

Single shot and burst make sense.

But full auto is unclear in this respect. Can someone fire a full auto weapon and target just one foe? It seems to imply "yes", but that would make the weapon really deadly. I guess that may be the point, but it seems too good to just unload on one target. Here's what it says:

• Single: Attacks are made using the normal combat rules.
    • Burst: Add the Auto score to damage. This uses a number of rounds equal to the Auto score.
    • Full Auto: Make a number of attacks equal to the Auto score. These attacks can be made against separate targets so long as they are all within six metres of one another. Full auto uses a number of rounds equal to three times the Auto score.

Any opinions would be welcome. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhenny View Post
    Hi all,

I tried to register on the Mongoose forum, but I'm having a tough time connecting for some reason.

Maybe you'all can help.

Reading the rules in both the Core rule book and the Updated Core rule book for Traveller 2e, I still can't figure out Auto fire.

Single shot and burst make sense.

But full auto is unclear in this respect. Can someone fire a full auto weapon and target just one foe? It seems to imply "yes", but that would make the weapon really deadly. I guess that may be the point, but it seems too good to just unload on one target. Here's what it says:

• Single: Attacks are made using the normal combat rules.
    • Burst: Add the Auto score to damage. This uses a number of rounds equal to the Auto score.
    • Full Auto: Make a number of attacks equal to the Auto score. These attacks can be made against separate targets so long as they are all within six metres of one another. Full auto uses a number of rounds equal to three times the Auto score.

Any opinions would be welcome. Thanks.
    Hi Rhenny,

It's your game, your rules.

But to answer, Full Auto gives you a number of attacks, it's up to you which targets (one or many) but if you choose many, they need to be close.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    Hi Rhenny,

It's your game, your rules.

But to answer, Full Auto gives you a number of attacks, it's up to you which targets (one or many) but if you choose many, they need to be close.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Thanks. Sounds good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhenny View Post
    It seems to imply "yes", but that would make the weapon really deadly. I guess that may be the point, but it seems too good to just unload on one target.
    It's supposed to be pretty powerful, full-auto is deadly when you have enough modifiers to confidently hit your shots.

The trade-off is you can't Aim or benefit from the Scope trait, and it uses a lot of ammo. A submachine gun can only use Full Auto twice before having to reload.

Thread Information