DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Looking for players for a bi-weekly Rime of the Frostmaiden game.

FG License: GM has ultimate.
    Game System: D&D 5e.

Time Zone: GTM (UK time)
    Day of week and time: Sunday 6Pm to 9PM
    Planned start date: 22 may
    Planned Duration & Frequency: Until the adventure module ends, every other Sunday (2 games per month.)
    Term: Long Term

Text or Voice: Voice
    Voice software used: Discord
    Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? No plans for streaming/recording the game.

Roleplay & Combat mix: 50/50
    Number of Players in game & needed: Currently have one player, looking for four more.
    Character starting level & equipment: Starting at level 1.
    Character restrictions: The following books are available to use in character’s creation: Player’s Handbook, Tasha’s Cauldron of Everything, Xanathar’s Guide to Everything, Volo’s Guide to Monsters.

Details of your scenario: In Icewind Dale, adventure is a dish best served cold.

Beneath the unyielding night sky, you stand before a towering glacier and recite an ancient rhyme, causing a crack to form in the great wall of ice. Beyond this yawning fissure, the Caves of Hunger await. And past this icy dungeon is a secret so old and terrifying that few dare speak of it. The mad wizards of the Arcane Brotherhood long to possess that which the god of winter’s wrath has so coldly preserved—as do you! What fantastic secrets and treasures are entombed in the sunless heart of the glacier, and what will their discovery mean for the denizens of Icewind Dale? Can you save Ten-Towns from the Frostmaiden’s everlasting night?

Icewind Dale: Rime of the Frostmaiden is a tale of dark terror that revisits the forlorn, flickering candlelights of civilization known as Ten-Towns and sheds light on the many bone-chilling locations that surround these frontier settlements.

About recruitment: First timers are welcome to apply. This is not a first come first served recruitment. Send me a private message with a character concept you’d like to play (don’t necessarily need to be for this game) and your gaming experience (or lack thereof). I’ll review the applications and then decide which players to invite, and then we can start planning characters and the game.

What to expect of the DM: I’m a laid back DM who favors the “Rule of Cool” approach and don’t particularly like to engage in rules discussions when they take too much time. I am not a native english speaker, nor is the other player already in the game, that means I have a strong accent, but I do try my best to be clear and speak in a concise manner.

What I expect of the players: Be cool, mature, patient and willing to have fun. Remember the game is cooperation instead of competition. No discrimination against other players. No action that negatively impacts other player’s characters or causes resentment in the guise of “I’m RPing my character.”
    Last edited by berjkley; April 7th, 2022 at 22:08.

Here some more info:

Gamecalendar link: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calen...ex.xcp?id=6338

-If you sign up on the Game Calendar also send me info on your character and backgroud. Gives me more to work with and shows you are interested. I'm not accepting characters that only apply on the calender and makes no effort to contact me here.
    -When you let me know that you're interested, just as is requested above, it's important to give me a little more. What is it that you look for in your gaming experience? What is it about this particular campaign that makes it look like it is worth your time? What type of character is it that you want to play? Are you familiar with Fantasy Grounds? Are you familiar with 5e? There are no wrong answers to any of these questions and I'm not looking for an essay. But I'm looking for fit and just saying 'I'd like to play' doesn't help all that much with that.

The player already in the game is leaning towards playing a druid.

Backgrounds:
    While not one of the things I need upfront, if you are part of the game the expectation is that your character is going to have some thought put into it. Your concept is at least as important as your character sheet. The following are some of the questions that your character should be able to answer. They do not necessarily need to be able to answer them all, and there will be many, many more not listed that they might want to answer. But it's a good starting point:

-Where is the character from?
    -What are they doing in this part of the world?
    -Why are they interested in exploring the frozen north?
    -If they're not interested in that, what has made them fall in with a group that has signed up to do just that?
    -What's your family like? Are your parents still alive? Are you on good terms with them? What about siblings?
    -What is your social background? Was your family wealthy? Dirt poor? Somewhere in between? Outcasts?
    -Does religion play a role in your life? Which one?
    -What about friends or mentors?
    -What about enemies or rivals?
    -What made you pursue the class that you're currently in?

There are a lot of other possibilities, but that is a good start on the sorts of things that can be considered when you're thinking about your character concept.
    Last edited by berjkley; April 11th, 2022 at 14:19.

Thread Information