DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Issues with Starship Combat

Hi hopefully someone will be able to help..

I have 2 issues, the first is when applying damage to the PC ship is seems to apply it direct to the ships hull rather than knock down the shields first.
    And the second issue is when the PC ship is selected in the starship CT I get an error pop up.

[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_starship_combat.lua"]:652: attempt to call field 'isCTShipHidden' (a nil value)

Which i have no idea what this means or diagnose the issue.

its driving me nuts and spoiling the starship combat to the point I would rather not do any.

EDIT: And only one person in my group is able to move the ship token also

Regards

David
    Last edited by Liquidstate; April 2nd, 2022 at 22:20.

Console Log added

Here is the console log also
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidstate View Post
    Hi hopefully someone will be able to help..

I have 2 issues, the first is when applying damage to the PC ship is seems to apply it direct to the ships hull rather than knock down the shields first.
    And the second issue is when the PC ship is selected in the starship CT I get an error pop up.

[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_starship_combat.lua"]:652: attempt to call field 'isCTShipHidden' (a nil value)

Which i have no idea what this means or diagnose the issue.

its driving me nuts and spoiling the starship combat to the point I would rather not do any.

EDIT: And only one person in my group is able to move the ship token also

Regards

David
    I verified the code at the referenced error was incorrect and will push a fix for it with the weekly update. The other issue related to damage applying directly to the hull could be replicated. Can you provide a copy of the PC ship in question and also other combat conditions. Such as which NPC ship is involved and the weapon(s) that are damaging the ship.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

PC ship screeenshot 1.PNG
    PC ship screeenshot 2.PNG
    PC ship screeenshot 3.PNG
    This is the PC ship in question

Here is the NPC ship
    NPC Ship Screenshot.PNG

Also my brother noted on the player view side of the CT it was displaying that they had no shields which was odd.
    As i could see they had on the CT as a DM.

PC ship CT for players.PNG
    Example new ship that was created to rule out anything with the current player ship, but it show nothing for total shields

I thought the rules state that damage unless critical takes off the shields first before hull, so i thought the CT would deduct shields first automatically. Currently im having to manually alter the shields which is a pain.

regards

David
    Last edited by Liquidstate; April 3rd, 2022 at 14:25.

Full logs

In case it helps ive included the zip of logs

regards

David
    Attached Files Attached Files

The last picture shows there is something wrong as the latest version does not have Shld and SD. I would check to make sure you are on the latest version of the ruleset first before continuing.

capture.png

capture.png

EDIT: Apologies, that is showing the client ct for the ships. and verified it looks like that. I will have to add it to my list to get that sorted. The last image however shows the chat output of the damage roll of my NPC ship to the PC ship. So it may be a cascading issue from the error message you reported. I can not replicate the damage issue. But looking over your logs, you do have a ton of extensions loaded. I would suggest testing in a fresh campaign with no extensions and see if you replicate.
    Last edited by superteddy57; April 3rd, 2022 at 14:39.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

Might be a silly question but how do i check if I am on the latest ruleset as i always do th echeck for updates, unless for some reason its not doing the SF core rules.

Just to add the screenshot was from the player side not the GM

Regards

David

its states in the chat window

SFRPG ruleset (2022-03-20) for Fantasy Grounds
    Copyright 2004-2021 Smiteworks USA, LLC

regards

David

Yes, I edited my response to that effect and apologized. The bottom image I sent shows the initial chat output and provides the version of the ruleset and the version of the CoreRPG ruleset. I didn't see an image from you that provided, this, but it's a guess that might the issue and worth verifying that you are operating on the latest update.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

OK I will test without any extenstions and let you know.

Regards

David

Thread Information