STAR TREK 2d20

Image issue with Global Mask and Cloud FX Layer

I'm seeing an issue where (on the GM instance) an image with both a global mask and a Clouds FX layer (or Nightvision) is completely black in the masked area (instead of darkened slightly).

To recreate in a new 5E campaign, no extensions:
    1. Open an image (e.g. BattleMap_Cave01 from the FG Battle Maps module)
    2. Unlock Image > Mask > Add Global Mask. The map is now darkened to indicate the mask was added
    3. Go to the Effects tab then select FX Type: Clouds to create a new FX layer. The map goes completely black: Capture.JPG
    4. The mask can still be revealed, but the masked areas are completely black: Capture2.jpg
    5. Removing the FX layer (or changing it to another effect type) makes the map visible again.

Looks like this only happens with the FX layer set to Clouds or Nightvision. Other types don't seem to cause an issue. It also doesn't seem to matter if Lighting and/or Line of Sight are enabled/disabled.

FGU v4.1.16
    5E v2022-03-15
    Attached Images Attached Images

I am also experiencing this behavior. Is this considered correct? If so I would like to request a change, so that even with an FX layer the global mask is not completely black. Thanks.

FGU v4.3.2
    5E v2022-11-15

I've added a new ticket to our internal tracking, in case this one was missed.

It only seems to affect Clouds/Rain FX.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information