DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Thread: Death Knell

Death Knell

DEATH KNELL
    You draw forth the ebbing life force of a creature and use it to fuel your own power. Upon casting this spell, you touch a living creature that has -1 or fewer hit points. If the subject fails its saving throw, it dies, and you gain 1d8 temporary hit points and a +2 enhancement bonus to Strength. Additionally, your effective caster level goes up by +1, improving spell effects dependent on caster level. This increase in effective caster level does not grant you access to more spells. These effects last for 10 minutes per HD of the subject creature

Is there a way to make Death Knell that needs to target the creature for a will save, then heals the caster with temp HP and some other targetable effects. I want the heal d8 temporary to target self but it targets the dead creature instead. the other effects have self targeting options and work fine. I would just like to not target dead creature to cast for a save then have to target self then heal and do the other effects.

If not, could we get a target box on heals and damage?

and will temp hitpoints allow for HP over your max?

I am not sure exactly what you mean here, it sound like you have the death knell, you know how to cast it and you know how to set up temporary hit points.
    You do not have to target anything before you cast a spell. You can drag the cast button over to the target token, it then will cast the spell on that token. Then if it fails the save you can manually drag the temporary hit point button on to yourself, you will then get 1d8 temporary hit points. You then need to manually drag the effect button over to yourself to get the +2 enchancement bonus to strenght.
    The caster level bonus can not be done in fantasy grounds with effects without extensions, there are extensions that grant you an effect for caster level.

There is no way even with extensions to do all of that with one click.
    Yes temporary hit points allows HP over max. Temporary hit points are treated as a totally seperate HP pool that will take damage before your "regular" hit points, and you can have 1 million temporary hit points if you want (or more)

And if you are wondering how to best set up spells there is a free module for that here:
    https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/414/view

Thanks, sorry I should have specified more. I am using a lot of extensions/mods Bmos, dllewel, kelrugem and a few others.

Death Knell.png

1) Typically I target my enemy in the CT then click the cast button (orange mark)
    2) then I would click off the effects (Green marks - Heal d8 temporary and the CL/STR effect). I want to target heal myself without having to change my target in the CT but the HEAL: 1d8 temp doesn't work that way.

oops, ignore the 10min duration by the heal effect

SO, could the Heal and damage effects get a targeting option like spell effects?

does that help?

Quote Originally Posted by Morenu View Post
    Thanks, sorry I should have specified more. I am using a lot of extensions/mods Bmos, dllewel, kelrugem and a few others.

Death Knell.png

1) Typically I target my enemy in the CT then click the cast button (orange mark)
    2) then I would click off the effects (Green marks - Heal d8 temporary and the CL/STR effect). I want to target heal myself without having to change my target in the CT but the HEAL: 1d8 temp doesn't work that way.

oops, ignore the 10min duration by the heal effect

SO, could the Heal and damage effects get a targeting option like spell effects?

does that help?
    Then let me introduce you to yet another great extension
    https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/76/view

This one has the effect TREGENA
    It applies a one time temporary hit point as an effect.

PERFECT! Thank you. I had that ext but somehow I disabled it accidentally a while ago... took a bit to figure out what I did.

Now to see if there is something I can use pull the targets HD as a duration multiplier (10 min/HD)

I am having fun learning the Code, just finding it hard to know what to ask or where to look at times.

Thread Information