DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Optional Hit point recovery

I have read some optional rules on hit point and power point recovery, where it is based on a percentage instead of points. Is it possible to incorporate this into the Combat Tracker "Rest" option? Thanks.

Do you have any specific references that you can mention so I can see if it is even possible to automate?

Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin View Post
    Do you have any specific references that you can mention so I can see if it is even possible to automate?
    https://www.rolemasterblog.com/rmu-u...-regeneration/

Blog Entries
    Isn't there already different amounts of impact based on how long people rest? I think that came in with Companion I (possibly).

Edit: attached screenshot.

Screenshot 213425.jpg
    Last edited by JohnD; March 30th, 2022 at 02:35.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

The percentage option could be automated without too much issue. I will add it to my list but it will be a low priority since I have plenty of other stuff that I need to get done.

For the Rest menu, the different hours for resting impact the number of hits healed at 1 per hour. If the number of hours is greater than or equal to 8 then the PP are restored to full also.

Ok, I'm not sure what the "Average,Superior, Heroic, Legendary" thing means. I suppose that could be referring to certain races that have faster hit recovery? I actually think the percentage thing makes more sense especially if you have a ton of hit points. I also think it makes more sense for power points, you would think you would slowly regain your power rather than as soon as 8 (or 4 for elves) hours past, suddenly you get a jolt and all your PP return.

The "Average,Superior, Heroic, Legendary" are different campaign power levels you can choose to use in RMU. Basically they provide different maximums for things based on what the power level you choose for the campaign.

You can always use a percentage approach but you will have to handle it manually. I would recommend calculating each players percentage a head of time and then create a hot key for it so you can easily drag it the appropriate character and drop it on the Hits or PP. Just use negative numbers so it reduces the totals.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin View Post
    The "Average,Superior, Heroic, Legendary" are different campaign power levels you can choose to use in RMU. Basically they provide different maximums for things based on what the power level you choose for the campaign.

You can always use a percentage approach but you will have to handle it manually. I would recommend calculating each players percentage a head of time and then create a hot key for it so you can easily drag it the appropriate character and drop it on the Hits or PP. Just use negative numbers so it reduces the totals.
    Ok thanks. Can I put a formula in a hot-key?

No, you can't put formulas into hot keys. The way to do it would be to calculate the result of the percentage for a character and then add that to the modifier in the bottom left as a negative number. Then you can drag that to a hot key. After that right click the hot key and edit the name so it is something that helps you remember it. When you want to use it just drag it from the hot key to either the Hits or Used PP field for the appropriate character. It should hopefully make things a bit faster for you.

Thread Information