DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 24 First ... 2345614 ... Last
    This is an amazing extension! I picked it up for the Rune-Forge, and just the functionality of adding the rune, material and weapon descriptions together is worth the cost!

As a selfish feature request, how feasible do you think subtracting creature level from all the level dependent numbers would be? I do it by hand at the moment for my no-level-to-proficiency game (as per the Gamemastery Guide) and have it down to less than 5 minutes for even the most complex creature, but automation would be a godsend! It seems some of this is already possible with the weak/elite modifier already coded, so I figured I'd ask ;-)

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by EmptyOwl View Post
    This is an amazing extension! I picked it up for the Rune-Forge, and just the functionality of adding the rune, material and weapon descriptions together is worth the cost!

As a selfish feature request, how feasible do you think subtracting creature level from all the level dependent numbers would be? I do it by hand at the moment for my no-level-to-proficiency game (as per the Gamemastery Guide) and have it down to less than 5 minutes for even the most complex creature, but automation would be a godsend! It seems some of this is already possible with the weak/elite modifier already coded, so I figured I'd ask ;-)
    This should be easy for the NPC Builder (a toggle for Proficiency without level). I'll try to add to 1.4, it is a cool idea. However, like I explained before here, it would still generate usual Damage Levels, as they don't add level directly.
    Daniel Salles de Araújo (@dsaraujo)
    Developer of PFRPG2 GM Enhancements - Improve your Pathfinder 2E game!
    Check out the Pathfinder Deck of Endless NPCs!

Version 1.3 pushed to Live Channel, just update Fantasy Grounds and you should get the Rune Forge. Please drop add any additional feedback here.

Thanks for your patronage!

I guess I am a little confused on how to put this into the game. Use to be really good with computers but that was back in the 80's and 90's. Anyone still remember COBOL. =)

Any help would be appreciated. =)

Once you got the extension on the Forge using the first post link, you need to enable the extension before hosting your game. Take a look here:

https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...Hosting+a+Game

The PFRPG2GMEnhancements extension should be available on the Extensions box. Enabled it before starting your GM instance and the new options should appear to you!

I see it thank you. I was looking all over the place. I figured it was something simple I was missing.

I'm thinking about creating some sort of "Damage Generator". Sometimes I just want to quickly do 20 bludgeoning damage due to fall, or a 5d6 fire due to stepping in lava, and it is usually cumbersome. Is there an easy way to do this that I am missing? Would you use something like that?

I can add a button on Combat Tracker, but I think the easiest way is just to add a /damage {dice expression} {damage type} [traits] command.

Quote Originally Posted by dsaraujo View Post
    I'm thinking about creating some sort of "Damage Generator". Sometimes I just want to quickly do 20 bludgeoning damage due to fall, or a 5d6 fire due to stepping in lava, and it is usually cumbersome. Is there an easy way to do this that I am missing? Would you use something like that?

I can add a button on Combat Tracker, but I think the easiest way is just to add a /damage {dice expression} {damage type} [traits] command.
    It would be great for improvised traps and natural hazards and the like. Also, whenever monsters don't have all their abilities automated properly. If end up implementing this, I would also love to see similar /heal command.

You can already kind of do something like this by rolling /roll 2d4 [TYPE: fire] or /roll 2d5 [DAMAGE][TYPE: slashing] or /roll 1d12 [HEAL] and then dragging the result in the wounds field in the combat tracker. It's a bit annoying to use, because it has to be the wounds field on the combat tracker, and not the combat tracker entry or a token on the map.

So I would use your implementation if you ended up doing it, but something similar is not exactly impossible to achieve right now.

EDIT: You also cannot halve or double the damage rolled with /roll as far as I know, which is pretty annoying if there is a save involved.
    Last edited by myyra; May 8th, 2022 at 10:23.

Thanks for that, I didn't know you could add damage type to dice rolls! I was able to half/double damage on my end. And types worked as expected. It looks like just encapsulating a roll into a drag and drop entry might do the trick.

I think a quick and easy damage generator could be helpful as a button somewhere on the combat tracker

Have it generic with number + dice + damage bonus and then an optional dropdown for damage type.

Maybe if a user can create multiple lines that can each be dragged and dropped separately or alternatively as a group.

Thread Information