DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 24 First 123412 ... Last
    That's fantastic.
    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett [RIP] - Jingo

Due to my own needs, I'm working on a forge for Pathfinder. For now, it just sum all costs (base item + runes) and add all runes description to the new item, but it is super helpful to me. Let me know if you think this is a good addition to the extension.

RuneForge.jpg
    Daniel Salles de Araújo (@dsaraujo)
    Developer of PFRPG2 GM Enhancements - Improve your Pathfinder 2E game!
    Check out the Pathfinder Deck of Endless NPCs!

That looks great. I think auto-naming could help as well and potentially re-forging i.e. removing or exchanging runes.

Quote Originally Posted by dsaraujo View Post
    Due to my own needs, I'm working on a forge for Pathfinder. For now, it just sum all costs (base item + runes) and add all runes description to the new item, but it is super helpful to me. Let me know if you think this is a good addition to the extension.

RuneForge.jpg
    I could definitely use this. It looks very useful.
    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett [RIP] - Jingo

For sure an improvement over having to copy & paste + reformat headline manually every time a weapon is reforged. So +1 from me.

You're going to like the new NPC builder!
    Does this allow me to quickly change CR of already prepared encounters (similar to the quick elite/weak buttons)? Or do I have to rebuild the entire encounter to change the NPCs CR/level? In my experience a quick +-1 can be more appropriate for an extra/missing player than an elite/weak adjustment.

In another VTT I use an extension that allows to take an already finished NPC and have it recreated in a range of levels (take a CR5 NPC and have it recreated as CR 2-4 for example). The useful part versus a fresh NPC build is that all inventory and spells (within new range) stay intact.

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    Does this allow me to quickly change CR of already prepared encounters (similar to the quick elite/weak buttons)? Or do I have to rebuild the entire encounter to change the NPCs CR/level? In my experience a quick +-1 can be more appropriate for an extra/missing player than an elite/weak adjustment.
    I have no plans on adding a level adjustment to creatures soon, but this is something I could try in the future.

It is much harder than just adding the templates because there is no clear conversion to adjust things like damage entries. For example, an Owlbear is a Level 4 creature that does either a talon attack for 1d10+6 piercing plus Grab and a beak attack for 1d12+6 piercing. If you want to adjust this to, lets say, level 12, The guideline is to do either 3d12+19 (Extreme), 3d10+14 (High), 3d8+12 (Moderate) or 3d6+10 (Low). I would have to map 1d10+6 to either Low or Moderate, and 1d12+6 to Moderate, which is one extra step here.

For now, when I want to convert creatures from very different levels is to create a new NPC using my Helper, than I adjust/copy abilities names and description as needed. Since items and spells don't convert well, I usually rebuild those too.

This is fantastic and I'm very happy with the purchase. My only gripe I found was with the automatic XP and encounter threat assessment, I couldn't differentiate the simple Hazard XP reward from the complex Hazards. This meant that the XP and threat assessment were a bit off in some of the encounter evaluation. Otherwise very cool extension.
    Last edited by Lone Pathfinder; April 20th, 2022 at 10:52.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm not doing any hazard calculation yet, it calculates them as opponents. I'll make sure this is fixed in the next release.

What does the "Add Spell Entries" selection supposed to do when an NPC is generated? I have tried it out both checked and unchecked and don't see that it does anything.
    Last edited by Stargrove; April 23rd, 2022 at 21:25.

Thread Information