STAR TREK 2d20
Page 13 of 24 First ... 3111213141523 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Montis View Post
    Hey, a thing I noticed is that your extension seems to "unactivate" by itself from time to time and seeing as you've recently done an update, I think it's connected to that. Maybe you can look into this so it doesn't happen in the future? I usually don't double check my activated extensions and noticing halfway through a session that I'm missing the extension can be a bit annoying as I'd either have to keep the session alive without it or restart the server i.e. all my players have to reconnect and I have to reopen all my opened stories and images.

Maybe it has something to do with how you're doing versioning?
    FG uses the extension filename/folder name as the ID for tracking FG. So, yes, if the folder name of the extension within the vault .dat file is changed then FG will see it as a new extension and you'll need to re-activate at each time. Looking in the current vault file, the folder name is PFRPG2GMEnhancements172 - so it does indeed look like that is different for some releases.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    FG uses the extension filename/folder name as the ID for tracking FG. So, yes, if the folder name of the extension within the vault .dat file is changed then FG will see it as a new extension and you'll need to re-activate at each time. Looking in the current vault file, the folder name is PFRPG2GMEnhancements172 - so it does indeed look like that is different for some releases.
    Yeah, I thought it was something like this. Thanks for confirming. Would be good if this wouldn't happen every time there was an update to the extension, so I implore dsaraujo to keep the folder name the same across releases, pretty please

I wasn't aware of the filename change triggering this effect, thanks Montis for raising the issue and Trenloe for the details. I'll keep the same filename for the future (as PFRPG2GMEnhancements), so this issue might happen for just one last time.
    Daniel Salles de Araújo (@dsaraujo)
    Developer of PFRPG2 GM Enhancements - Improve your Pathfinder 2E game!
    Check out the Pathfinder Deck of Endless NPCs!

Quote Originally Posted by dsaraujo View Post
    I wasn't aware of the filename change triggering this effect, thanks Montis for raising the issue and Trenloe for the details. I'll keep the same filename for the future (as PFRPG2GMEnhancements), so this issue might happen for just one last time.
    Yeah I figured it would happen once more to make it uniform, but at least after that we'll all have peace of mind

Another (really) minor thing related to the hero points is the grammar of the messages when attributing hero points to multiple characters or removing them from them.

I'd suggest in order to not have to use programming time on this (for checks if it's one or more characters as it would cause changes to the grammar) to rephrase them as follows:

Instead of
    "A, B, C, gains 1 Hero Point!"
    I'd change it to
    "The following characters gain a Hero Point: A, B, C!"

And instead of
    "A, B, C, now have zero Hero Points"
    I would change it to
    "The following characters now have zero Hero Points: A, B, C."

As I said, this is really minor and definitely not a must fix; just a suggestion

I appreciate all feedback, thanks for keeping it coming. I can certainly adjust that: English is not my first language and I appreciate the suggestion. Will adjust the next time I go back to it.
    Daniel Salles de Araújo (@dsaraujo)
    Developer of PFRPG2 GM Enhancements - Improve your Pathfinder 2E game!
    Check out the Pathfinder Deck of Endless NPCs!

That is a really good suggestion. Really puts a nice polish to things!

Quote Originally Posted by dsaraujo View Post
    Oh my goodness is THAT what has been happening? I thought I was going crazy and/or accidentally deactivating the extension.

Thank you for this.

I'm not as code savvy as a lot of you guys are. So, forgive me if this is like a 5th grader trying to jump into his dad's discussion
    I did have to reactivate my GM Enhancements. Okay, no big deal. Just a click.
    But now when I do certain things (notably add hero points via the party sheet) that annoying box of grey text shoots over from the side of the screen. Is there anything I can do to make that stop?
    (And it's entirely possible it's not the GM Enhancements causing it. I just know that's one of the features. I hate that grey wall of text)

Now that I'm looking. There are a bunch of .ext files in my mod folder. And many of them are the same files that are in my ext folder. But I don't even see GM Enhancements in there. I know for a fact I didn't do that.
    Should I go in my mod folder and delete all those .ext files?
    I can't even find my gmenhancements file now.

I have the covid, so my brain is rattled.
    Last edited by Milke; February 20th, 2023 at 21:51.

Quote Originally Posted by Milke View Post
    But now when I do certain things (notably add hero points via the party sheet) that annoying box of grey text shoots over from the side of the screen. Is there anything I can do to make that stop?
    That is the console window that only appears when there is an error raised. You'll need to fix the error - for two reasons: 1) Stop the console window showing up and more importantly 2) make everything work correctly.

The vast majority of error messages are caused by incompatible extensions - either incompatible with the current FG version or clashing with other extensions. The console window will contain error messages in red - which will indicate if the error is in a ruleset or an extension, which might help to narrow down what's causing the error/s. If the console doesn't help, then the best approach is to disable all extensions and enable them one-by-one, starting FG and seeing when the errors start.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information