STAR TREK 2d20
Page 6 of 24 First ... 4567816 ... Last
    I just uploaded version 1.4 to the Forge. This includes the following features:

• Slash commands for /damage and /heal
    • Consumable flag on parcel entries
    • Proficiency without Level option for NPC Builder

It fixes the following bugs:

• Fractional party level when calculating the default party level on encounters and treasure generation. Now it is rounding down as expected.

Thanks myyra, MaxAstro, EmptyOwl and more for your feedback and suggestions.
    Daniel Salles de Araújo (@dsaraujo)
    Developer of PFRPG2 GM Enhancements - Improve your Pathfinder 2E game!
    Check out the Pathfinder Deck of Endless NPCs!

Hi! Quick question. Based on the contents of this thread, I really like your module. But what is stopping me from purchasing it is a question on ongoing support... if you lose interest in FantasyGrounds, and/or just decide to stop maintaining this, are we screwed once an inevitable update breaks it? Or is there a way for us to get the source code if a module is no longer maintained?

The honest answer here is that I do not provide any future guarantee that this extension will be maintained. The reason I built this was because I play PF2 using Fantasy Grounds and I missed those features, so I took on myself to add them (learning lua was also a motivator). I initially shared some of those for free, but after spending a lot of time on the extension, I felt like charging a small fee was in place.

I will maintain this while I play PF2 and FG, which seems very likely. I started using FG in 2007, so sunken cost fallacy is strong here. And while I play, I don't want this to break for me either.

With all that said, I can commit to open the source code if I ever plan to stop maintaining it indefinitely. What I'm not explicitly promising here is that this will be updated forever, so make your decision fully informed.

Quote Originally Posted by dsaraujo View Post
    I just uploaded version 1.4 to the Forge. This includes the following features:

• Slash commands for /damage and /heal
    Hey, that's cool! Could you maybe add an alternate, abbreviated version for /damage, like /dmg ? I know it's just a minor thing but I think it makes sense and should be fairly quickly implemented (hopefully)

Quote Originally Posted by Montis View Post
    Hey, that's cool! Could you maybe add an alternate, abbreviated version for /damage, like /dmg ? I know it's just a minor thing but I think it makes sense and should be fairly quickly implemented (hopefully)
    Yeah, absolutely. This first version is very cut and dry. Adding a shortcut and supporting more complex expressions (like 2d6+2 cold plus 1d6 good, for example) are in my roadmap. I'm also thinking about a /atk and /save for those pesky impromptu traps/hazzards.

Brilliant!

Quick question on the RuneForge. Trying to use it to make Runestones, not the actual weapon or armor. Tried putting the Runestone under the "Armor or Weapon" side with the enchantment on the other, but that didn't work? Can the Forge be used to make Runestones?

Quote Originally Posted by danman71 View Post
    Quick question on the RuneForge. Trying to use it to make Runestones, not the actual weapon or armor. Tried putting the Runestone under the "Armor or Weapon" side with the enchantment on the other, but that didn't work? Can the Forge be used to make Runestones?
    No.

Oh, that reminds me, feature request regarding the forge: The core rulebook has "combined fundamental rune" items, for example "+1 striking weapon", "+2 greater striking weapon". Currently these do not work with the forge, you have to use the individual runes.

Could that ability be added?

My plan is just to add an option to ignore the cost of the original item, per Trenloe clarification on this thread, which has the same effect. In practice, I never use the generic +1 striking weapon. Could you please explain why you would use that as a rune instead of the two runes?

Thread Information