DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 8 of 24 First ... 67891018 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by danman71 View Post
    Another suggestion I had was using something like the Runeforge to build Spellbooks, Alchemy Formula Books and Crafting Formula books. Something that could work like a container to include all the relevant spells or formulas and would auto-calculate the value of the included items. Again, looking at something mainly for treasure parcels.
    I like this idea a lot. Specially if adding a list of links for the said spells and items.
    Daniel Salles de Araújo (@dsaraujo)
    Developer of PFRPG2 GM Enhancements - Improve your Pathfinder 2E game!
    Check out the Pathfinder Deck of Endless NPCs!

Quote Originally Posted by myyra View Post
    You can of course GM however you like, but I would not give my players any gold if they sold an used runestone, because it's completely worthless aside from the rune that is attached to it. Just like I wouldn't let them sell any other used consumable item. Although it would be kind of interesting if they tried to sell slightly used rations.
    I meant the Runestone with the Enchantment, not a used runestone. It's technically worth 3gp more than just the enchantment itself (presumably due to the portability). When you use the Runestone it's destroyed, so you technically can't have a used runestone.

"When a rune is transferred from the runestone to another object, the runestone cracks and is destroyed"

The extension is 20% off until the 4th of the July.

BTW shoutout to the /heal and /damage commands, they've been outstandingly helpful.

Added version 1.5 to the Live channel today.

CHANGELOG:

• Spellbook creator: creates spellbooks (uses spellcasting costs to determine value)
    • Added /xp to award experience points.
    • Improved /dmg command to support attack line damage entries
    • Moved from ChatManager.registerSlashCommand to Comm.registerSlashHandler
    • Added /atk to process a whole line attack (similar to monster entries in CT). Will roll attack (and damage if it have it) without a target. Defaults to melee. [Experimental]

I also increased the price to 600 coins. If you already had purchased the extension, you just get the new functionality.

Quote Originally Posted by dsaraujo View Post
    CHANGELOG:

• Spellbook creator: creates spellbooks (uses spellcasting costs to determine value)
    Wouldn't it make more sense to use the list from Learn a Spell as that one explicitly mentions putting the spell into a spellbook? I know the final costs aren't that much different until the high levels, but still

Other than that, great additions! I'm very happy that I got the extension early

Thanks for the feedback! I mean, I couldn't find a definite source of truth on defining spellbook value. I've seen suggestions from Learn a Spell, Formulas and Spellcasting Services. My gut feeling was to go with the latter, since it related to the cost of "finding the spell", but I'm definitely not tied to the idea. Whoever converted the Agents of Edgewatch Book 1 also used those guidelines for defining Spellbook prices so I went with that.

Also, my understanding that even after finding the book, a caster would still have to pay the Learn a Spell to cost to copy it to its own spellbook. So this value is more for treasure planning and the eventuality of players trying to sell the book (for 50% of its cost). Does anyone else have strong feelings about this one?

(potential spoiler warning for Agents of Edgewatch)

I've checked out the pdf of Agents of Edgewatch Vol.1 and Pratchett's Spellbook contains:

6x cantrips (common)
    3x 1st level spells (common)
    1x a limited 2nd level ritual (uncommon)

And it says in the AP (page 62) that it's together worth 25 GP. According to the "learn a spell" price list if you count the 9 "1st or cantrip" level spells and then one 2nd level spell, that would total 24 GP. Add one gold for the Empty Spellbook and you're at 25 GP. Makes sense to me. It's arguable if a ritual counts as a spell and if it should cost more when it's uncommon, but whatever.

Unfortunately it seems Paizo is generally very reserved when it comes to putting a price tag on spellbooks. I have searched a bunch of APs and found pretty much nothing on prices. I don't want to search the most likely candidate Strength of Thousands, as I'm currently a player in that campaign.

There is no mention of the word spellbook in the first book of SoT, I don't own the other books yet. Since we know how much spells costs and that a blank spellbook is 1 gp I expect the prices in the AP to match accordingly.
    Last edited by Weissrolf; July 17th, 2022 at 01:07.

Makes sense to me, I'm fully convinced! I'll gladly switch to Learn a Spell table on the next release.

Thread Information