DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Switch From SWADE to Pathfinder for SW

Greetings All.

Is there anything I have to watch out for if I simply switch a current campaign from SWADE to PF for SWADE? The campaign is not fantasy based, however I want to use some of the stat blocks from the PF Bestiary and since that only works in a PF for SWADE campaign, I am in a pickle.

Are there any real differences in these systems?

Is there an alternative to this predicament?
    Thanks In Advance,
    D

Hi UrsaTeddy, SWADE and SWPF basically use the same rules so itīs no problem to use the PF Bestiary inside your SWADE Campaign.

But you need an extension to do that - SW Module Loader is available in the forge: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/108/view

Itīs just not possible to activate both SWADE & Pathfinder Core Rules (Modules) at the same time.
    Last edited by TomtheBu; March 24th, 2022 at 20:13.

Well it would have been nice if the support staff had mentioned that it was possible to use the bestiary from SWADE ... all I wanted was the monsters (I like to collect them) ... and so I was directed to buy the Pathfinder Core Rules as well.

Ah well I am sure that one day I will run a fantasy SWADE campaign and Pathfinder may be the best base for that.

Thanks for the reply, however ... it simplifies what I want to do.
    Thanks In Advance,
    D

Quote Originally Posted by UrsaTeddy View Post
    Well it would have been nice if the support staff had mentioned that it was possible to use the bestiary from SWADE ... all I wanted was the monsters (I like to collect them) ... and so I was directed to buy the Pathfinder Core Rules as well.

Ah well I am sure that one day I will run a fantasy SWADE campaign and Pathfinder may be the best base for that.

Thanks for the reply, however ... it simplifies what I want to do.
    If you want to play PFSW you need to PFSW Core Rules. There are lots of differences between SWADE and PFSW.

@Jiminimonka: my question was not about playing PFSW - I was asking how many "issues" I would run into if I converted a SWADE campaign to PFSW. I really only wanted the Bestiary, and @TomtheBu led me in the right direction for that.

However support staff told me that I had to buy the PFSW ruleset to unlock the Bestiary - which obviously I did not.

So the question was directed at the point of ... well I have this ruleset that I need to activate the Bestiary which contains a couple of creatures I want to use carte blanche (no redesigning, no creating, no reskinning, etc) ... so what happens when I convert the ruleset from one to another (simple enough). Will the game fall apart? What are the differences? etc etc.

It is a long running campaign with established pre-Legendary characters (1 advance away) which, funnily enough, is a converted Pathfinder Adventure Path which I manually converted piece by piece between sessions.

Coming up to the Legendary (level 15 Pathfinder) power levels, I wanted to use the actual Pathfinder creatures featured in the final book of the Path.

Will it cause problems if I just "switched on" Pathfinder for Savage Worlds, or should I use the method suggested by @TomtheBu.
    Last edited by UrsaTeddy; April 3rd, 2022 at 00:50.
    Thanks In Advance,
    D

If you don't need it, and don't want it, and bought it through the FG store, and it is less than 30 days since the purchase, you can request a refund on the product by emailing support @fantasygrounds.com.

Quote Originally Posted by UrsaTeddy View Post
    @Jiminimonka: my question was not about playing PFSW - I was asking how many "issues" I would run into if I converted a SWADE campaign to PFSW. I really only wanted the Bestiary, and @TomtheBu led me in the right direction for that.

However support staff told me that I had to buy the PFSW ruleset to unlock the Bestiary - which obviously I did not.

So the question was directed at the point of ... well I have this ruleset that I need to activate the Bestiary which contains a couple of creatures I want to use carte blanche (no redesigning, no creating, no reskinning, etc) ... so what happens when I convert the ruleset from one to another (simple enough). Will the game fall apart? What are the differences? etc etc.

Will it cause problems if I just "switched on" Pathfinder for Savage Worlds, or should I use the method suggested by @TomtheBu.
    The official answer is that SWPF and SWADE are different rulesets in FGU (PEG wanted it this way, but said we could create a conversion module), from a technical perspective SPFW is layered on top of the base SWADE system (the sane way SWD is), so it is mostly compatible, the issue will be any links pointing to modules you do not have. The actual rules are basically the same in many ways I think the subtle changes PFSW will be the next edition of the SW rules, so you should have minimal issues (I hope).

The PWSF bestiary has considerably less monsters than the original PF bestiary, it has mostly "core" monsters and others found in Rise of the Runelords.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Thread Information