FG Spreadshirt Swag

Damage for Certain Attacks has Stopped Working

Hello!

I am GMing ETU with SWADE ruleset. We've been playing for over a year-and-a-half now, and for the last two weeks, one of my players has ceased to be able to drag his damage dice to the chat window to roll damage. It just drags the name of the attack to the chat. If he clicks his damage dice, it does not generate a number, just says "damage: ". Another player had the same problem tonight, but was able to delete the old attack type, add it back in, and it worked. This doesn't work for the other player. What are we doing wrong? Is there a fix?

That's an odd one.

Let's start with the standard stuff:

Have you tried running with all extensions turned off?
    Did you click the "check for updates" button to manually run an update?
    Have you unzipped any rule set or extension under your FG app folder?
    Are you or any of the players seeing an error?
    Did you check if one of the ETU spirits escaped your game into your pc?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Serfass View Post
    That's an odd one.

Let's start with the standard stuff:

Have you tried running with all extensions turned off?
    Did you click the "check for updates" button to manually run an update?
    Have you unzipped any rule set or extension under your FG app folder?
    Are you or any of the players seeing an error?
    Did you check if one of the ETU spirits escaped your game into your pc?
    I'm pretty sure it's the last one.

It has to be an extension, but I haven't added any new ones in a while and this just started. I will try turning them off and playing with just that player on the server. It's strange it isn't affecting everyone though.

My first suspicion is an extension that affects chat messages. Like one that changes combat icons, or alters messages.
    My second suspicion is an extension that alters the character sheet, especially one for attacks or weapons.
    You may want to wave sage around the pc, in case it's the last one, just to be safe.
    My cat sits on my laptop all the time. Cats are known to repel spirits. So far that seems to work.

I have a player for whom a custom attack damage has stopped working as well. The damage was expressed in terms of "Strength + Spirit", which does not seem to be recognized as a valid expression any more.

Fiddling around with the damage expression it seems that long form trait names are no longer accepted and whitespace is no longer tolerated, so "Strength + Spirit" does not work but "str+spi" works.

When reporting an issue, please create a new thread with your information.

In this case, it would be good to get copy of campaign folder zipped up, plus which character and which damage roll is affected.

Also it looks like "HW" was previously recognized in keywords but now has to be in the damage expression.

Thread Information