DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last

FGTabber2 - More space for your FG client

FGTabber2
    Current version 1.0.1 continued from Azostars version 0.6.6

What is FGTabber?

FGTabber is an extension which enables you to manage your campaign or character in a way you can personalise, through tabs. You'll feel like you're running 20 clients at once! It adds functionality to your client similar to virtual desktop spaces in various OS's, your new tab will save any windows running inside and you can switch between those tabs with no effort thanks to the tab bar located at the top of the screen. Available on the forge at https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/565/view

Features

• Add, rename and remove new tabs
    • Opened windows are linked to the tab you have open, letting you switch between window groups quickly and efficiently.
    • Save tabs across sessions
    • Supports use for both GM and Players
    • Support for majority rulesets

How to Install

1. Download FGTabber from the attachments below
    2. Add it to your extensions folder by using the folder button when Fantasy Grounds boots up
    3. Copy the .ext files into the extension directory
    4. Enable the extension and enjoy!

Instructions

• Right click the tab bar and select add tab to add a new tab
    • Right click an existing tab and press edit to edit. Save by clicking another text window or pressing enter.
    • Right click and existing tab and select delete to remove the tab from your client.
    • Drag tabs to swap them around or place a shortcut onto your hotbar.
    • All windows are saved within tabs, any windows opened outside of tabs will be saved temporarily when switching, but will not be there when you reload the game.

Support Information

There are certain aspects of FG which make it difficult to get the data needed to load windows correctly. There are work arounds for this, but it means that I have to manually override some of the ruleset files. I have here an expanding list of rulesets that have full FGTabber support:

• PFRPG2

If the ruleset you want to use this extension for isn't listed the extension will still function and work, however you may find that some windows such as sorting windows will become blank upon switching tabs. I will add support for as many rulesets as I can going forward.

Known Issues

If you are updating your FGTabber plugin restart your fantasy grounds client after placing it in your extensions directory, you will lose your tabs, but you will not lose any other campaign data. I have added the functionality to keep your tabs saved after updating in the future, however this will not be implemented completely until after a full 1.0 release.

To do's

1. Support for more rulesets
    2. Static tabs
    3. Somehow get the state of open windows ( library information )
    4. Add some swanky graphics

Credits

I only support this extension, I did not write it. Therefore, credit must go to Azostars for the original extension. Azostars also gives credit to Gkjsdll and MoonWizard who were both huge helps when setting up the extension. WSX was built by Gkjsdll so a lot of the raw functionality that would've taken me a couple months to script were already completed by himself, giving me a guide to work from.
    Last edited by jharp; April 4th, 2022 at 21:13.

Recent Version History

FGTabber2

v1.2.0
    • Fix: Pathfinder2 bug and anchor for chat window.

v1.1.0
    • Fix: API changes caused errors in TEST for FGU 4.3.0. Corrected for all FGU versions.

v1.0.1
    • Fix: Colours for tabs for additional visibility.
    • Fix: BetterMenus compatibility - BetterMenus sits on top of FGTabber2 so if you have it in the default position you must either move it, or create some bogus tabs to fill the area under the default position.

v1.0.0
    • Release of 0.6.6 on Forge

v0.6.6
    • Fix: Users unable to get extension info.

v0.6.5
    • Feature: Drag and drop support, improved codebase, tab ordering.
    Last edited by jharp; September 23rd, 2023 at 04:32.

This is fantastic, thanks so much for taking on this extension. It's going to make DMing my sessions so much easier!

One request - is it possible to change the colour of the active tab? It's a little hard to tell at a glance. I would have looked at the code myself but the Forge puts the extension into the vault so I can't. Thanks!

I believe this extension does is not compatible with the "Better Menus" extension, I get an error when both are running. Any chance that can be fixed?

I'll look. I know they occupy the same screen real estate so ... I don't know.

Jason

Just downloaded this from the FGU store (you have to be logged in)
    https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/565/view

My install was (after selecting above)
    Load FGU
    Select the FGTabber2 extension before launching my Campaign
    When my campaign had loaded just right click just under the Window title of Fantasy Grounds
    Setup two tabs Story and Battlemap

Im sure I will add more over time.

This is awesome, I recommend this extension to all GMs and perhaps some players with small screens.

Thanks for providing this most excellent extension.

Quote Originally Posted by jharp View Post
    I'll look. I know they occupy the same screen real estate so ... I don't know.
    Problem is not the real estate, but that Better Menus seems to remove the hook FGTabber is using for its own placement.

Quote Originally Posted by Merecraft View Post
    This is fantastic, thanks so much for taking on this extension. It's going to make DMing my sessions so much easier!

One request - is it possible to change the colour of the active tab? It's a little hard to tell at a glance. I would have looked at the code myself but the Forge puts the extension into the vault so I can't. Thanks!
    Version 1.0.1 has this fixed - awaiting forge approval. Any additional colour suggestions are welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by eporrini View Post
    I believe this extension does is not compatible with the "Better Menus" extension, I get an error when both are running. Any chance that can be fixed?
    Version 1.0.1 has this fixed - awaiting forge approval.

Thread Information