DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Field lengths in various "forms" in GURPS...

Hi All,
    First off - what you do, I can't do, although I do have some modest programming skills under my belt. I'd have to devote more of my time trying to parse out how things are done and read my older copy of Lua programming before I'd have a chance of understanding how the scripts work etc.

That being said - I've run into issues where the field lengths are too short for the data being entered. For instance, when I try to add a computer item that costs 10 million in currency, the number of zeros ends up being an issue. I believe I've added an attached screen shot, but I'm not sure until I hit "post" - but in a nutshell, I'm using the Items function from Campaigns, then adding a new "item", then I'm selecting the "By Type" button so it lists the equipment by type. That is when I find that the currency field is too short. It would likely help too, if we expanded the weight field, as some objects such as a AA powercell is listed as having a weight of 0.0005 lbs.

If I want to go in and modify some of these field widths myself, is there a way to do so without having to bother you for it? Just knowing WHERE I have to go to do this would be greatly appreciated. In some instances, I wish we could set it up such that where a window opens can be changed. The reason for this is because I'm working with one screen and having FGU open while working with a PDF can be a bit taxing at times as I try to have both programs share screen real-estate.

Thank you again for the work you've done. Once this becomes a licensed product, let me know so I can BUY it.

Hal

These fields can be adjusted in the following files.

campaign/record_char_inventory.xml
    campaign/record_item.xml
    Timezone: Australian EST (GMT +10).
    Systems/Rulesets: GURPS 4th Edition.
    Campaigns (Ultimate License Holder)
    GURPS Traveller - The Empty Peace
    GURPS Shadowrun - Power Plays
    GURPS Banestorm - Dark Clouds Rising

Thank you Ronnke.

Hal

HalC I'm working on the width of the fields, I did it for skills, but as the need for changes arise, I'm adding them to the GURPS - ALL-IN-ONE extension. I even want to change the width of the group.

Thread Information