5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    its only a small area (in fact the area immediately under the character token) so its not really obvious to folks. If it washed out the token with the color it would be awesome, but it isn't as obvious as I'd want. I'm looking forward to some 'updates' to the SW ruleset in the future, I really think a 'right click' shaken modifier would really help (say a / through the token) that the DM could apply and remove quickly and easily would be best.

Overlays on top of tokens are not really possible at the moment. We have experimented with trying to add bitmapwidgets and textwidgets to a tokeninstance with no luck. Its a limitation of FG.

how about changing the color of the 'reach' area to one of the colors?

That may be possible. IIRC though the reach areas for hostiles (the red color) are limited to just the GM seeing it but that can easily be changed. We can also add more colors/underlay possibilities though. Come up with another system of colors.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgain
    its only a small area (in fact the area immediately under the character token) so its not really obvious to folks. If it washed out the token with the color it would be awesome, but it isn't as obvious as I'd want. I'm looking forward to some 'updates' to the SW ruleset in the future, I really think a 'right click' shaken modifier would really help (say a / through the token) that the DM could apply and remove quickly and easily would be best.
    If you shrink the token to slightly smaller than the square, the color becomes much more obvious. I have played around with using the colors to show how wounded monsters and players are and the trick I found was to shrink the monsters/PCs just a bit more than I would normally.

well I don't wanna hijack this thread any further...so I think I'll start a new one in the Armory about tokens and such...

Oh, and back on topic; I was very pleased with how fast everyone got into the style of SW, its much more flexible than d20 (that much is obvious), but it was also fun for me as a DM to observe how the group quickly formed up and worked together even though 1/2 of them had just met. The advantages of 'ganging' up on opponents means that most smart players will attempt to co-operate together a lot more than in other RPG's. In my real life fighting, it makes it not only easier to hit someone when your ganged up, but with a bit of practice, your defence gets better too. I've been thinking a lot about that of late and was thinking of a 3 vs 1 advantage gives a +1 parry to everyone on the 3 side (as well as the gang bonus).

Anyhow, great game (especially as it was a first form me using FG and first for a couple of the players to try SW).

Joshuha-is it possible to make copies of tokens that all connect back to the same imbedded character in the init tracker?

For example - Main Orc in init tracker, 6 other orcs in sub window. Wild cards select any of the 6 sub orcs and it will show up under Main Orc in tracker.

If not, what do you mean by making copies? Or do you just mean dragging matching tokens out of token bag?

Thanks,
    Andro1d
    "Winter is coming..."

Thread Information