Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

[PFRPG] CreatureLab (Revival of CreatureGen)

This is a fork of the original CreatureGen Extension that has been deleted by its creator since. Luckily, because of the original license, continuing the development is not an issue.

What is it?
    1. You can copy stat blocks of creatures from websites, such as d20pfsrd
    2. You can also copy stat blocks from Apps, such as Pathbuilder
    3. Go to the NPC list and click the new "CLab"-button.
    4. Paste the stat block into the text box and generate a new, filled-out NPC from it. That includes all values, spells from currently loaded modules and a few effects as well. The latter is still a work in progress.

Where can I find it?
    You can find it in the FG Forge.
    You can find it on GitHub.

Where can I report bugs or request features?
    Create an issue on GitHub. Do not forget to add the original text you have used to try and generate a creature in the case of a bug report

Last edited by Lichtblitz; March 16th, 2022 at 20:10.

A second image showing Spell-Like Abilities and Spells Known layout of the stat block would be useful. (Since I cannot seem to get them to import, even using a d20pfsrd stat block for something like a lich does not work for me)

This tool seems to be exactly what I am looking for when it comes to creating the more complicated NPC's I want to use. But almost all of them are complicated because of needing the 'spells' populated.

Quote Originally Posted by Morenu View Post
    A second image showing Spell-Like Abilities and Spells Known layout of the stat block would be useful. (Since I cannot seem to get them to import, even using a d20pfsrd stat block for something like a lich does not work for me)

This tool seems to be exactly what I am looking for when it comes to creating the more complicated NPC's I want to use. But almost all of them are complicated because of needing the 'spells' populated.
    Sure thing. I took the Lich from d20pfsrd. You can start the text selection either from the heading "Lich CR 12" or from the description line directly above it. Just select the text all the way down to the final "Treasure" from the "Ecology" section. The extension will check all loaded modules for spells and within those will check all spells with the spell names as keys. There is no guarantee that the keys for the spells are stored in that layout. I recommend using (and loading!) the module "PFRPG - Spellbook". It's using the expected layout for the spells and contains handwritten effects, which are much, much more accurate than the automatically parsed effects:
    https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/414/view

It works with some other spell modules as well but is not guaranteed to work with every module out there. It would be a lot of effort to improve it further - effort that I don't feel is warranted with such great one-size-fits-all modules like the "PFRPG - Spellbook".

Last edited by Lichtblitz; March 28th, 2022 at 21:14.

I really appreciate the response. My issue was based around "PFRPG - Spellbook"....I had it but I never activated it in my module library. Whoops. That is why it was not loading any spells or spell like abilities.

I want to thank you for this revival of CreatureGen. This is something I had given up finding. I have a fairly long list of NPC's I need to create and been putting it off until the end of setting up my campaign in Fantasy Grounds. I find setting up spells and spell-like-abilities to be very time consuming when creating a NPC. This is going to make it a breeze!

I'm happy this extension is of value to you :-)
    If you encounter any other issues down the line, just drop a few lines and I'll see what I can do.

Great job Lichtblitz. This is coming in very handy for the module I am converting.

I have 1 suggestion and 1 issue.

Suggestion - Based on the number of subscribers PFRPG - Spellbook Extended is used more than PFRPG - Spellbook. Would it be possible to have the extension look for PFRPG - Spellbook Extended first and get the spell from there if that module is loaded and if not then check for PFRPG - Spellbook?

Issue - When copying data (in this case from a pdf) it doesn't seem to handle carriage returns. (See attached image for details.)
    I assume that this affects all fields but the ones I have specifically seen it affect are - Type, SQ, SA, Feats, Skills.

CLab.jpg
    Last edited by dllewell; June 24th, 2022 at 22:05.

This is a great extension, honestly! Just one quick question How do you decipher the error log. I am trying to convert the allis from D20pfsrd and it keeps giving me a message.

Screen Shot 2022-10-01 at 2.16.02 PM.png

[0] (1) Allip

[0] (2) Contents [show]

[0] (3) Subpages

[0] (4) Variant Allip

[0] (5) This malignant cloud of shadows boils in the air, its skeletal maw eerily babbling as the creature's claws manifest from the darkness.

[0] (6) Allip CR 3

[0] (7) XP 800

[0] (8) CE Medium undead (incorporeal)

[0] (9) Init +5; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +7; Aura babble (60 ft., DC 15)

[0] (10) DEFENSE

[0] (11) AC 14, touch 14, flat-footed 13 (+3 deflection, +1 Dex)

[0] (12) hp 30 (4d8+12)

[0] (13) Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +4

[0] (14) Defensive Abilities channel resistance +2, incorporeal; Immune undead traits

[0] (15) OFFENSE

[0] (16) Speed fly 30 ft. (perfect)

[0] (17) Melee incorporeal touch +4 (1d4 Wisdom damage)

[0] (18) Special Attacks babble, touch of insanity

[0] (19) STATISTICS

[0] (20) Str --, Dex 12, Con --, Int 11, Wis 11, Cha 16

[0] (21) Base Atk +3; CMB +4; CMD 17

[0] (22) Feats Improved Initiative, Lightning Reflexes

[0] (23) Skills Fly +16, Intimidate +10, Perception +7, Stealth +8

[0] (24) Languages Aklo, Common

[0] (25) SQ madness

[0] (26) SPECIAL ABILITIES

[0] (27) Babble (Su)

[0] (28) An allip constantly mutters to itself, creating a hypnotic effect. All sane creatures within 60 feet of the allip must succeed at a DC 15 Will save or be fascinated for 2d4 rounds. While a target is fascinated, the allip can approach it without breaking the effect, but an attack by the allip does end the effect. Creatures that successfully save cannot be affected by the same allip's babble for 24 hours. This is a sonic, mind-affecting compulsion effect. The save DC is Charisma-based.

[0] (29) Madness (Su)

[0] (30) Anyone targeting an allip with a thought detection, mind control, or telepathic effect makes direct contact with its tortured mind and takes 1d4 points of Wisdom damage.

[0] (31) Touch of Insanity (Su)

[0] (32) The touch of an allip deals 1d4 points of Wisdom damage (DC 15 Will negates). A successful critical hit causes 1d4 points of Wisdom damage and 1 point of Wisdom drain (instead of double Wisdom damage). With each successful attack, an allip gains 5 temporary hit points. The save DC is Charisma-based.

[0] Creature Name Line: Allip CR 3

[0] GENERAL: Allip

[0] GENERAL: ok doing defense

[0] GENERAL: ok doing offense

[0] GENERAL: ok doing attacks

[0] GENERAL: ok doing special attacks

[0] GENERAL: ok doing tactics

[0] GENERAL: ok doing statistics

[0] GENERAL: ok doing feats/skills

[0] GENERAL: ok doing equipment

[0] GENERAL: ok doing ecology

[0] GENERAL: ok doing special abilities
    Last edited by Evilthorne; October 1st, 2022 at 22:02. Reason: clarification

Sadly, the author has been away on this forum since May.

I also created an NPC importer, but in my ruleset which is based on PFRPG. If the need is there, I could probaly port this to an extension as an alternative.

I noticed that but was hoping they may be notified of the post.

honestly would apricate it. At the bare minimum I wish they left an error code key so we can decipher this on our own.

Thread Information