DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last

Web browser support

Hello all,

I’m curious if there is a way to have players join a Fantasy Grounds campaign via web browser (similar to Foundry VTT). I’ll be tinkering with Fantasy Grounds Unity before committing to a purchase.

Thanks in advance!
    Life is Lemons

Quote Originally Posted by odoubleto View Post
    Hello all,

I’m curious if there is a way to have players join a Fantasy Grounds campaign via web browser (similar to Foundry VTT). I’ll be tinkering with Fantasy Grounds Unity before committing to a purchase.

Thanks in advance!
    No, that is not how Fantasy Grounds works.

Players needs to install the software and connect to the GMs game.

I know this is a bit of an older thread to revive but I remember during the FGU Kickstarter there was some mention that one of the benefits Unity might provide would be the potential for a web interface (presumably much like Foundry VTT does where it's a program the GM hosts but then players can connect via browser) or as a mobile application, such as on a tablet. I've been really wanting either of those for quite some time, as with my gaming group I've been unable to use FG (even though I really prefer it, especially for Savage Worlds!) because almost none of them have laptops, they all use just tablets. So please consider this a feature request for browser or at least tablet support for FG.
    Lenny Zimmermann
    Metairie, LA

Blog Entries
    The kickstarter page and kickstarter faqs specifically mention Windows, Linux and Mac only. I cant find any reference to browser support.

Blog Entries
    Any speculation that I remember from the Kickstarter era regarding browser support was purely from the customer side, never the devs. But, recently the devs have talked about developing a tablet companion app aimed at GMs to allow them to read the reference manual pages of their products. That is still a long way from having a player facing app and even farther from a web browser client. See the Fantasy Grounds Friday video on You Tube from late November with Doug Davison as the guest.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

The discussion I remember was more like with the old engine this was completely impossible, rebuilding in Unity "may" make this a possibility in the future.

Yeah, I couldn't find where it was mentioned, either, and maybe it was just on the customer side and I'm just completely misremembering what I saw... or it was just wishful thinking. In any case it kind of sucks not having that available because I really love Fantasy Grounds, especially for Savage Worlds (which my group tends to play the most often, but certainly not exclusively), but because I have so few players that even have laptops anymore I'm stuck running games through FoundryVTT or Roll20 and neither of them, for my money, work as well as Fantasy Grounds does. So for now FG just gathers dust on my computer until something like that is available. I did just notice this is also requested on the IdeaInformer site for FG but it doesn't have a lot of votes yet, so if others are interested you might want to bump it up some at https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/fgapp?ia=137472
    Last edited by zarlor; March 24th, 2023 at 01:44.
    Lenny Zimmermann
    Metairie, LA

would it be possible to remote into a virtual machine running fantasy grounds from a browser

Quote Originally Posted by Marquis_de_Taigeis View Post
    would it be possible to remote into a virtual machine running fantasy grounds from a browser
    well, I have logged into my home PC using Splashtop personal from my Ipad while discording in via my phone. It definitely worked but obviously the real estate on the tablet was limited. using a stylus rather than a finger was better. so a virtual machine situation might work?
    My First Mod PFRPG - Feats Extended, focusing on PF1e Feats and Racial Traits automation. It is open to community assistance. Here is the forum Link.

40+ PF1e Extensions & Modules I use, with links.

PF1E Coding Effects - Spreadsheet

Discord: Morenu

Interesting concept... I'd have to set-up multiple VMs for that but I may be able to do that for them... hmm... now I may have to do some playing around
    Lenny Zimmermann
    Metairie, LA

Thread Information