DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Another connection issue....

Hi,

I've been trying to get my players to connect to my server with no success. The played keep getting the 'cannot find server' message. I've researched all that I can about ports etc and am still stuck

A little more information about my system:

Linksys BEFSR41 router: with only 1 pc (mine) connected to it. The other cable connected is for when my brother occasionally connects his laptop to it.

Norton Antivirus 2006: I think the issue is with this but I can't figure out how to configure it correctly. This has a firewall included with it but doesn't seem to have many options to customise it.

No static IP address.

The windows firewall is kept disabled.

I would greatly appreciate any input on this and I apologise for going over old ground once again!

Thanks!

Check the networking fax here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...faq=networking

It may be some help for you.

edit: FAQ even

Are you forwarding the port 1802? Go to portforward.com for specific instructions based on your make and model router. This is a very common problem for people with connectivity issues in server mode.

NortonAV 2006 doesn't have a firewall. Norton Internet Security 2006 had a firewall, and you should be able to go to the firewall options/configuration page and find a tab for programs and be able to allow Fantasy Grounds to run.

First thing though is to make sure your forwarding the port correctly.

Thread Information