DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

New currency and encumbrance system hookup for custom ruelset

I've looked around for why the new currency and encumbrance system doesn't play nice with my FFd20 ruleset which is mostly edited 3.5e code.

It looks like it won't work without a custom override if the system name is not in this table from manager_char_encumbrance.lua

Code:
    local _tStandardSupportedRulesets =
    {
    	"CoreRPG",
    	"3.5E",
    	"4E",
    	"5E",
    	"13th_Age",
    	"AFF2",
    	"Basic Roleplaying",
    	"BoL",
    	"CallOfCthulhu",
    	"CallOfCthulhu7E",
    	"d20 Modern",
    	"DCC RPG",
    	"Fate Core",
    	"ICONS",
    	"MCC RPG",
    	"PFRPG",
    	"Symbaroum",
    	"WOIN",
    };
    Of course I could overwrite this whole file to just add an entry to that table but that seems a bit unnecessary.

Could that table be changed to not be local so we can add to that table via code? If anyone has a smarter solution please let me know.

The following code will do the equivalent of what adding a ruleset to the list does:

Code:
    CharEncumbranceManager.addStandardCalc();
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

That snippet of code Trenloe gave you can go in your onInit on your gamesystem script

At some point, I plan to have the new system be the default, unless a custom calculation is written by the ruleset; but I needed intermediate steps for backward compatibility.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by bayne7400 View Post
    That snippet of code Trenloe gave you can go in your onInit on your gamesystem script
    In what file would that OnInit be found? char_main.xml?

I've built a layer on top of the Basic Roleplaying ruleset, and the only relevant file I can find is char_main.xml.

Maybe I should read up on layering rulesets...

/Peter

Gamesystem is an actual file. Unpack OSE2 and look how I did it.

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    In what file would that OnInit be found? char_main.xml?

I've built a layer on top of the Basic Roleplaying ruleset, and the only relevant file I can find is char_main.xml.

Maybe I should read up on layering rulesets...

/Peter
    If you're layered on top of Basic Roleplaying maybe put it in a new file called scripts/manager_gamesystem2.lua and call that script file from your layered ruleset base.xml

Code:
    function onInit()
    end
    Last edited by Trenloe; March 13th, 2022 at 21:43.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    The following code will do the equivalent of what adding a ruleset to the list does:

Code:
    Where is this line of code entered?

Thread Information