STAR TREK 2d20
Page 9 of 26 First ... 789101119 ... Last
    And another little thing I noticed by testing some of the custom effects.

The effect string FATIGUE:1 already triggers disadvantages on Str, Dex and Con Checks instead of FATIGUE:2

The other Fatigue and Strife effects work as expected.

Hmm, so it does. I'll get leozelig to have a look at that.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thank you very much again for the very fast response and the great support @Zacchaeus and @Leozelig

I have another question regarding fatigue/strife.

Does the disadvantage on ability checks (when having 1 or more strife or 2 and more fatigue) also effect the related skill rolls? The fatigue and strife tables arenīt very precise about this.

If yes, the effect strings FATIGUE and STRIFE doesnīt recognize this.

Thanks in Advance

I think you have a point. A check is any roll of a 20 sided dice related to the ability. So anything which affects strength would also affect related skills, and indeed attack rolls based on strength.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thank you for clarification. That's how I understood it as well. But the fatigue table makes a difference between fatigue level 2 disadvantage on ability checks (and most likely skill checks) and disadvantage on attack rolls and saving throws having 4 fatigue levels.

Is it maybe possible to change the custom fatigue and strife effects to include disadvantage on skill checks as well? Because the effect just includes disadvantage on rolled ability checks and attack rolls at the moment.

Blog Entries
    It might be a good idea to ponder A5E rules questions on the ENWorld A5E forum since they are the publishers of the rules. Maybe it has already been discussed there?
    https://www.enworld.org/forums/level...ition-a5e.697/

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    It might be a good idea to ponder A5E rules questions on the ENWorld A5E forum since they are the publishers of the rules. Maybe it has already been discussed there?
    https://www.enworld.org/forums/level...ition-a5e.697/
    Agree. Personally, I don't interpret "disadvantage on <ability> checks" to mean anything other than ability checks. My rationale is that fatigue and strife are modeled after exhaustion. So, while exhaustion applies to all ability checks, fatigue specifically represents physical exhaustion, and strife is mental exhaustion. A recurring theme in Level Up is expanding the 5E rules into finer levels of detail.

I submitted a fix for fatigue level 2 applying at level 1.

Hi Leozelig, I understand your point. In 5E I was used to play with the "Exhausted Extension" and it uses the disadvantages on ability and skill checks. But itīs absolutley ok for me, if the level up extension works in a different way. Thank you for fixing the effect string and also thank you to LordEntrails for the forum tip

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TomtheBu View Post
    Hi Leozelig, I understand your point. In 5E I was used to play with the "Exhausted Extension" and it uses the disadvantages on ability and skill checks. But itīs absolutley ok for me, if the level up extension works in a different way. Thank you for fixing the effect string and also thank you to LordEntrails for the forum tip
    Post again if you find that most people interpret the rule that way. I can add it with minimal effort.

Thread Information