5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 5 of 26 First ... 3456715 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by kevdog45 View Post
    I've done a few more characters and noticed that the same types of issues I mentioned are happening for other classes too. The combat tracker appears to be working fine and conditons and effects also seem to be working fine so that is good.
    What issues are you seeing for classes? You mean the archetypes aren't linked?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    I fixed the skills parsing for the Fast Learner heritage trait and the Imperial cultural trait. Fast Learner should trigger a pop up window to select 1 skill proficiency, and Learned Teachers should give you proficiency in History and trigger a pop up window to select 1 other. Please note that these changes will not address the missing archetype links, which are lower priority.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    What issues are you seeing for classes? You mean the archetypes aren't linked?
    Hi, the problems I see are pretty much fixed in the heritage, culture, backgrounds and class selections and that is module wide. I mean for just about every heritage, culture, background and class.

Pop-up choices are not coming up and certain skills are not populating. For example, with berserker as soon as you pick it you get battle defense as part of the class. Battle defense has a choice to make, do you want Juggernaut or Rugged Defense? That choice does not appear. You have to manually go in and pick it. Secondly, I don't remember Rage populating as a class feature but I could be wrong about that.

I could report here every time I create a character and point out what I see but its happened at one point or another with every character I have made and most of the issues occur when picking the four aspects of the character. Again most of this can be fixed manually but choices and skill selections normally pop up on most of the Wizards mods. Sorry I can't be more help.

One last thing, the only time I remember not seeing Archtypes at the bottom of the class descriptions occurred with the Cleric. I think I have seen them in the other classes.
    Last edited by kevdog45; April 5th, 2022 at 16:59.

You aren't going to get choice pop ups for anything other than skill choices, ability score choices, and archetypes. Everything else you'll need to choose from the links in the description of the ability. So, in your Berserker example, at 1st level you'll need to open up the Battle Defense ability and drag in the one that you want to pick. The same goes for Developed Talent. Rage gets added into your abilities tab and there's no choices to make at level 1. Later on you'll get Rage again at level 3 when the number of times you can rage increases by 1.

So in short if you are seeing a skill proficiency or choice not being added, or an ability score choice not popping up or an archetype choice not popping up then please report it. Otherwise everything else is a manual choice from the available links in the ability.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    You aren't going to get choice pop ups for anything other than skill choices, ability score choices, and archetypes. Everything else you'll need to choose from the links in the description of the ability. So, in your Berserker example, at 1st level you'll need to open up the Battle Defense ability and drag in the one that you want to pick. The same goes for Developed Talent. Rage gets added into your abilities tab and there's no choices to make at level 1. Later on you'll get Rage again at level 3 when the number of times you can rage increases by 1.

So in short if you are seeing a skill proficiency or choice not being added, or an ability score choice not popping up or an archetype choice not popping up then please report it. Otherwise everything else is a manual choice from the available links in the ability.
    Ok, will do.

I searched the thread and did NOT see this question. So here it is

Will Destiny be added to the Character sheet?

You could put BACKGROUND to the right of Class & Level - both on the same line. Plenty of room.
    Below that put Heritage where Background is and put Destiny where Heritage is. Nice.

The details of Destiny can be stored in Features.

Complete Origin on the first page. Cool

My thoughts. Happy gaming. Peace.
    Bob
    Last edited by gamemasterbob; April 9th, 2022 at 19:40. Reason: made a mistake.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gamemasterbob View Post
    I searched the thread and did NOT see this question. So here it is

Will Destiny be added to the Character sheet?

You could put BACKGROUND to the right of Class & Level - both on the same line. Plenty of room.
    Below that put Heritage where Background is and put Destiny where Heritage is. Nice.

The details of Destiny can be stored in Features.

Complete Origin on the first page. Cool

My thoughts. Happy gaming. Peace.
    Bob
    Hi Bob,

Thanks for the suggestion. Destiny currently lives on the Notes tab. Personality, Bonds, and Flaws do not exist in Level Up so we had some open space there, and we felt that Destiny was of a similar flavor to those fields. When you drag a destiny to the Notes tab, the inspiration feature will automatically add to the features list (Abilities tab).

Also see the videos linked in the first post in this thread.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by leozelig View Post
    Hi Bob,

Thanks for the suggestion. Destiny currently lives on the Notes tab. Personality, Bonds, and Flaws do not exist in Level Up so we had some open space there, and we felt that Destiny was of a similar flavor to those fields. When you drag a destiny to the Notes tab, the inspiration feature will automatically add to the features list (Abilities tab).
    Thanks for the prompt reply.

Just an FYI about a compatibility issue with Mad Nomad's Character Sheet Tweaks. So far, the only issue I've had using both the A5E and Mad Nomad's Character Sheet extensions is with Heritages and Cultures. It does not allow you to add the Culture after adding the Heritage. A request for an update has been entered on his page. It needs 5 upvotes for him to even look at it (according to a note on the page). Not sure if it is ok enter a link so if anyone wants a link to his page just message me (or if the op gives permission I will post it later).

Thread Information