DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 24 First ... 2345614 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstFrost View Post
    Ah, I see. Did not realize there were conditions baked into the 5e ruleset as you described.

Regarding the Bloodied condition in Level Up A5E, there are some circumstances called out for a number of the monsters in the Monstrous Menagerie where new actions or abilities become active or available only while Bloodied, and only one that I found that was available for the 'While Not Bloodied' condition (the Djinni's Giant Form bonus action). The authors of the book do write on page 5 that, "There are no rules associated with being bloodied, but other game elements may interact with it.", so I might be inclined to create a custom Bloodied condition that could be checked with some automation that would notify the Narrator that those extra abilities can be activated and maybe prevent them from being taken until the monster has that condition. Though it probably will be enough for me to see that the Wnd box value on the Combat Tracker has shifted color from yellow to orange and just be aware, as a good GM oughta be, of what the monster can do.

Also, looks like that Herbalism "KIts" typo is still there...
    I'll mention it to the extension author to see what we can do.

I haven't fixed the typo yet. It's not worth updating a whole module for one typo.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Yes, as I say if you created characters then stuff will hang around because mostly those kinds of things are copies. So if you add a spell you get a copy of the spell; if you selected one of the new skills then that will be added to the character sheet. Removing the extension doesn't remove those copied items because they are just copies with no reference to where they came from or how they got there.
    Sure, I get that things added while the extension was loaded are still there, and thanks for clarifying this. But here is the strange part for my example: Yesterday my players got a new level and (without the LU extension being enabled/loaded) when they perform the FG steps to have the new class features added to their sheet, LU-specific features are added as well, as if the extension was still in effect. It seems, now that I had the extension loaded once, the entire campaign is permanently under its effect even when not active.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhuarc View Post
    Sure, I get that things added while the extension was loaded are still there, and thanks for clarifying this. But here is the strange part for my example: Yesterday my players got a new level and (without the LU extension being enabled/loaded) when they perform the FG steps to have the new class features added to their sheet, LU-specific features are added as well, as if the extension was still in effect. It seems, now that I had the extension loaded once, the entire campaign is permanently under its effect even when not active.
    You need to appreciate what the extension does and what the modules do. The extension adds and/or changes some mechanics like adding the new cultures, backgrounds etc and the technical aspects of that (adding pop ups when required etc). The module on the other hand contains data. So if the module is open FGU will look at that module as it would for any other open module. If you built a character using the Level Up Adventure Guide then when you level up it will look for the next level in the Adventure guide and it will also look at any other open book for archetypes should that be necessary. I don't know exactly what you have done here but it does sound like you have added things into a 5e campaign that you don't want. Although Level Up is compatible with 5e it is sufficiently different as far as creating characters are concerned that I suggest you don't try and mix that up. You can create level up characters and play a 5e adventure for example. But I would not have say the Players Handbook or any of the other WotC books open if you want to create a Level up character.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    I'll mention it to the extension author to see what we can do.
    Easy enough to add 'Bloodied' to the list of conditions. I can look at the monsters with abilities tied to this condition and see what kind of additional automation is possible. Otherwise, I believe I can make the bloodied condition apply when wounds > 0.5*max hp.

You need to appreciate what the extension does and what the modules do. The extension adds and/or changes some mechanics like adding the new cultures, backgrounds etc and the technical aspects of that (adding pop ups when required etc). The module on the other hand contains data. So if the module is open FGU will look at that module as it would for any other open module.
    Thanks, there lay my confusion. I had the module still loaded, something I thought wasn't possible if I didn't have the extension active as well. But the two are obviously different things and not connected. Thanks again!

I noticed when creating a fighter with the Human heritage and Imperial culture that Fast Learner and Learned Teachers don't provide a pop up to the pick the skills you get with each of these. History is also not put in automatically when the Imperial culture is chosen. Also, I noticed that with the Cleric class the only Archtype visible at the bottom of the Main tab is Healer. The other archtypes are in the Other tab but shouldn't they be on the main as well? I'm wondering if other heritages and cultures have similar issues. The ones I pointed out aren't killers but since they are choices I would think those choices would pop up when picking either the Heritage or Culture.
    Last edited by kevdog45; April 3rd, 2022 at 06:03.

The human heritage one just needs the wording slightly altered to make it work; I'm not sure that we test cultures for skill choices. There's so many places where such choices can be made it's hard to test them all. It works for single skills but I'll need to check with the extension author as to whether cultures are being checked for skill pop ups. The Cleric should have all the archetypes linked at the bottom. These are just links which I missed doing and doesn't stop the archetype choices or have any other effect.

I'll update the module once I've consulted with the extension author.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kevdog45 View Post
    I noticed when creating a fighter with the Human heritage and Imperial culture that Fast Learner and Learned Teachers don't provide a pop up to the pick the skills you get with each of these. History is also not put in automatically when the Imperial culture is chosen. Also, I noticed that with the Cleric class the only Archtype visible at the bottom of the Main tab is Healer. The other archtypes are in the Other tab but shouldn't they be on the main as well? I'm wondering if other heritages and cultures have similar issues. The ones I pointed out aren't killers but since they are choices I would think those choices would pop up when picking either the Heritage or Culture.
    I will update the extension so it checks cultures for skill choices and adds History automatically for the Imperial culture.

Quote Originally Posted by leozelig View Post
    I will update the extension so it checks cultures for skill choices and adds History automatically for the Imperial culture.
    Thank you both. I'm enjoying the module and will continue to report if I see things where updates are needed.

I've done a few more characters and noticed that the same types of issues I mentioned are happening for other classes too. The combat tracker appears to be working fine and conditons and effects also seem to be working fine so that is good.

Thread Information