DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 24 First 1234513 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Samzagas View Post
    I've been checking the system and I really like it, but I have a question. How do you roll the expertise die?
    Sorry I missed your post but I guess you have figured it out by now. Otherwise watch the videos in the first post. Expertise dice buttons are in the modifiers box and you can create effects as well - see the effects button for exmples of those.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I'm so happy to see Level Up come to Fantasy Grounds!

I ran an update today for FGU, and since then, the Level Up extension throws an error when opening PC sheets. No big deal, nothing seems to be impacted as far as I can tell, so far. Just thought I'd share the error. No other exts are loaded.

lua5e-error.png

-Robyn Nix
    Please feel free to call me Robyn. (I can't change my username here)
    My 5E PDFs & Fantasy Grounds Modules on The Dungeon Master's Guild
    I stream FG content creation, world building, and D&D games on Twitch!
    You can find me on Twitter too, if that's your thing!

Thanks for the report. I can reproduce; I'll pass it on to the appropriate person to have a look.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I am also so glad to see the Level Up (A5E) books brought into Fantasy Grounds!

I've come across a few issues with the Adventurer's Guide:

1) When I open the Effects window, I do not see a button for the "Bloodied" Condition, which is described in Appendix: A on page 616 of the AG PDF. Curiously, I do see Conditions buttons for "Cursed", "Intoxicated", "Stable", and "Turned", which are useful but I'm not sure where those are coming from, when the only modules I have loaded are the two Level Up books and their associated extension.

2) This is quite trivial, but the Herbalism Kit Item has been given a 'Type' typo of "KIts" instead of "Kits", which puts another Item Type of "KIts" in the Items window 'Type' filter drop-down list.

3) It's totally nit-picky of me, but in the Modules window, the Adventurer's Guide is in a category labeled "Core Rules", but the Monstrous Menagerie is in the category labeled "Core". Seems like the MM ought to be in with the AG in "Core Rules". That's how the WotC D&D Player's Handbook, D&D Monster Manual, and D&D Dungeon Master's Guide are sorted. Actually, I think it would make more sense to put the Level Up Advanced 5e content into its own eponymous category, as I expect and hope there will be much more content for this A5E ruleset/enhancement coming down the pike in the future.

Isn't there some kind of naming convention or guideline that is supposed to be followed when creating modules for Fantasy Grounds that suggests what category names are and what type of module should be included in a particular category?
    For the most part I do see a reasonable pattern with module category naming but there are some that break out of that. Just bugs my tiny mind a little (you know, that place where the consistency hobgoblins hang out). Usually with categories that are labeled as both singular and plural, e.g., sometimes WotC Adventure books will have their module placed in the "Adventure" category, and others will be placed under an "Adventures" label. Similar with some things sorted into "Supplements" and others into "Supplement". Or "Maps" and "Map Packs". Then you have "Source Book" for some of the Eberron RftLW content.

The Level up extension just adds to the existing 5e ruleset and the conditions you mentioned are in the conditions for 5e (and they are also used in level up). The extension adds in the new conditions specific to Level Up. The bloodied condition is also available in the 5e ruleset and in the level up one but it's not a condition which has any mechanical significance - that is unlike Rattled or Confused nothing automatically happens when a creature is bloodied. So bloodied wasn't added as a condition. As I say it's already there anyway - see the effects wiki for details on all the 5e conditions https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...ion#Conditions

I noticed myself that the MM was down as Core and I fixed it last week; however the updated module won't be released until Tuesday.

I'll add the typo to my fix list.

Quick question: In one of my running campaigns I loaded the extension to see how it was implemented and play around with a bit. Thing is, I have deactivated the extension since a while already, but the changes added by Level Up are still in there. Is it that, once you have loaded the extension once, the entire campaign is being converted and you can revert back to the normal rule set?

Thanks!

What changes are you talking about?

Some things, like if you add stuff to a character will remain since they're just links.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    The Level up extension just adds to the existing 5e ruleset and the conditions you mentioned are in the conditions for 5e (and they are also used in level up). The extension adds in the new conditions specific to Level Up. The bloodied condition is also available in the 5e ruleset and in the level up one but it's not a condition which has any mechanical significance - that is unlike Rattled or Confused nothing automatically happens when a creature is bloodied. So bloodied wasn't added as a condition. As I say it's already there anyway - see the effects wiki for details on all the 5e conditions https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...ion#Conditions
    Ah, I see. Did not realize there were conditions baked into the 5e ruleset as you described.

Regarding the Bloodied condition in Level Up A5E, there are some circumstances called out for a number of the monsters in the Monstrous Menagerie where new actions or abilities become active or available only while Bloodied, and only one that I found that was available for the 'While Not Bloodied' condition (the Djinni's Giant Form bonus action). The authors of the book do write on page 5 that, "There are no rules associated with being bloodied, but other game elements may interact with it.", so I might be inclined to create a custom Bloodied condition that could be checked with some automation that would notify the Narrator that those extra abilities can be activated and maybe prevent them from being taken until the monster has that condition. Though it probably will be enough for me to see that the Wnd box value on the Combat Tracker has shifted color from yellow to orange and just be aware, as a good GM oughta be, of what the monster can do.

Also, looks like that Herbalism "KIts" typo is still there...

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    What changes are you talking about?
    For example: Expertise conditions, new skills in character sheets, automatic additions to the character during level up which are tied to Level Up, LU-specific spells, etc. Pretty much everything is as if I had the extension still selected during the loading of the campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhuarc View Post
    For example: Expertise conditions, new skills in character sheets, automatic additions to the character during level up which are tied to Level Up, LU-specific spells, etc. Pretty much everything is as if I had the extension still selected during the loading of the campaign.
    Yes, as I say if you created characters then stuff will hang around because mostly those kinds of things are copies. So if you add a spell you get a copy of the spell; if you selected one of the new skills then that will be added to the character sheet. Removing the extension doesn't remove those copied items because they are just copies with no reference to where they came from or how they got there.

Thread Information