DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 17 of 26 First ... 71516171819 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Hartway View Post
    I am seeking some technical help. I just bought the Level Up A53 Monstrous Menagerie today. My objective is to use the monsters in my regular D&D 5e game. Unfortunately, unlike all other D&D purchases I have made, it does not appear that the entire purchase was downloaded. The only think I have find is a "Feature". When I go to modules is shows Monstrous Menagerie as "loaded" but the only content available are 13 NPC's from the purchase. I am unable to find a "module" or "extension" file, and obviously, no monsters. Has anyone else experienced this?
    You should get a copy of the A5E extension when you downloaded the Monstrous Menagerie. You will need to enable that extension when you start your campaign (right hand panel bottom right of the screen where you load or create a campaign). Once the campaign loads enable the monstrous menagerie in the usual way.

There are some differences in the A5E monsters which requires the extension to be loaded.

See the videos linked in the first post for more details.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thank you Zach. It would apppear that the underlying issue is that I did not get the .ext file after the purchase. It is neither a selectable option when load a campaign nor in my .ext file folder.

I will see if I can contact someone in purchasing or support.

Thank you for you help.

Just downloaded this module, and looks great. One thing though - I found expertise hiding in the modifiers tab - but it doesn't seem to do anything when I apply it. I'm the DM, and testing on character sheets, but is there something I'm missing, or a bug?

Quote Originally Posted by Zetesofos View Post
    Just downloaded this module, and looks great. One thing though - I found expertise hiding in the modifiers tab - but it doesn't seem to do anything when I apply it. I'm the DM, and testing on character sheets, but is there something I'm missing, or a bug?
    It's working for me.

To use expertise; click on the expertise dice that you want to use so that it is highlighted and then make any kind of roll (attack, damage, save, skill, ability etc) for a PC or NPC and it will add the chosen dice to the d20 roll.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

So, I did do that, but it wasn't rolling the die. However, I did figure out that it might have been a conflicting extension - I started a fresh campaign to test with just the A5E extension, and it worked fine. So I'll have to bug test to see what one was the cultprit.

Update: Figured it out. It is the Kingdoms & Warfare Extension from MCDM - they don't like to play nice (the software, not the people; I'm sure their both fine folks).
    Last edited by Zetesofos; December 23rd, 2022 at 17:40.

So, I did do that, but it wasn't rolling the die. However, I did figure out that it might have been a conflicting extension - I started a fresh campaign to test with just the A5E extension, and it worked fine. So I'll have to bug test to see what one was the cultprit.

Update: Figured it out. It is the Kingdoms & Warfare Extension from MCDM - they don't like to play nice (the software, not the people; I'm sure their both fine folks).
    I'd be happy to debug this. Is the code for the extension somewhere I can see? If not there's not much I can do, but the code for Kingdoms and Warfare is available on github

One other little bug - thumbing through the combat maneuvers in the feats button on the lefthand side.

Whenever I click to see the details of a specific combat maneuver from that section, it will show it, but it will also pop in the error window with:

Script executiion error: [string "CoreRPG:common/scripts/buttongroup_tabs.lua"]62: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

Update: Not just manuever feats - appears to happen on any feat, even those not from A5E
    Last edited by Zetesofos; December 23rd, 2022 at 20:46.

One other little bug - thumbing through the combat maneuvers in the feats button on the lefthand side.

Whenever I click to see the details of a specific combat maneuver from that section, it will show it, but it will also pop in the error window with:

Script executiion error: [string "CoreRPG:common/scripts/buttongroup_tabs.lua"]62: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

Update: Not just manuever feats - appears to happen on any feat, even those not from A5E
    I'm not seeing this either so I suspect another extension? If you can reproduce in a new campaign with only the A5e extension can you walk me through the steps to reproduce.

Quote Originally Posted by Saagael View Post
    I'd be happy to debug this. Is the code for the extension somewhere I can see? If not there's not much I can do, but the code for Kingdoms and Warfare is available on github
    See post #154 above; the files are on git hub.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I'm not seeing this either so I suspect another extension? If you can reproduce in a new campaign with only the A5e extension can you walk me through the steps to reproduce.
    Aha! Found it. Was an extension: Kit'N'Kaboddle - used for applying powers to and from items.

Thread Information