5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 16 of 24 First ... 61415161718 ... Last
    Yeah, its an incompatibility with my Indicators ext and the A5E. For some reason, when a creature becomes bloodied, it enters a recursive loop and keeps applying the bloodied condition. With the A5E extension locked in the vault I dont know what code may have changed from the default 5E behavior. Indicators does work just fine with the base 5E ruleset.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Blog Entries
    I posted the A5E extension files to a github repository. They need to be updated for the latest release, but once I do that, I will post the link here.

Quote Originally Posted by leozelig View Post
    I posted the A5E extension files to a github repository. They need to be updated for the latest release, but once I do that, I will post the link here.
    That would be great, thanks!
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Blog Entries
    You can find the github repository with the extension files here. Let me know if you have any questions or issues!

You can find the github repository with the extension files here. Let me know if you have any questions or issues!
    awesome, thank you!

Thanks for posting the code. I was able to find the conflict with mine. It was a recursion error due to a change made in ActorManager.getWoundPercent().

My code monitors effect changes to update the indicators shown on a token and uses getWoundPercent to see what the current health of the token is. A5E added a bit of code to getWoundPercent to auto apply the Bloodied condition as an effect to the entry. So whenever that Bloodied effect gets added, it triggers my code to run again as its a new effect. Lovely recursion

* I found a workaround and the next release of Indicators should work with A5E.
    Last edited by mattekure; November 21st, 2022 at 14:33.

That seems problematic. The getWoundPercent function shouldn't be used to make changes, only return a number based on existing data. I'll reach out to A5E developer too.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Since the 5E ruleset already has a conditional operator for bloodied, this is unnecessary. I don't know how long that feature has existed for 5E, but I must have overlooked it at some point. See 5E Effects for Advanced Automation for more info on conditional operators.

Apologies for running you in circles mattekure!

I am seeking some technical help. I just bought the Level Up A53 Monstrous Menagerie today. My objective is to use the monsters in my regular D&D 5e game. Unfortunately, unlike all other D&D purchases I have made, it does not appear that the entire purchase was downloaded. The only think I have find is a "Feature". When I go to modules is shows Monstrous Menagerie as "loaded" but the only content available are 13 NPC's from the purchase. I am unable to find a "module" or "extension" file, and obviously, no monsters. Has anyone else experienced this?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Hartway View Post
    I am seeking some technical help. I just bought the Level Up A53 Monstrous Menagerie today. My objective is to use the monsters in my regular D&D 5e game. Unfortunately, unlike all other D&D purchases I have made, it does not appear that the entire purchase was downloaded. The only think I have find is a "Feature". When I go to modules is shows Monstrous Menagerie as "loaded" but the only content available are 13 NPC's from the purchase. I am unable to find a "module" or "extension" file, and obviously, no monsters. Has anyone else experienced this?
    I don't have A5E so can't be sure, but from the OP there this quote from Mr Z:
    Note that although it claims to be 5e compatible I would not recommend that you try to mix and match a normal 5e campaign with a level up one. There are considerable differences which makes things 'interesting'.
    I don't think A5E NPCs will be usable in a 5E campaign, only in a A5E campaign in which you load the A5E extension.

i.e. When you start your new campaign, enable the Level Up Advanced 5E extension, then load this module. Then your NPCs should show up.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information