STAR TREK 2d20
Page 5 of 8 First ... 34567 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by viresanimi View Post
    He means on the sidebar, so we can create a module with all these things and then drag/drop them on to characters / npc's so we don't have to make it every ... single... time...

Which is pretty much what every ruleset have now. Even the Vampire 5th edition has it...
    Quote Originally Posted by GSKlein View Post
    Yes totally agree. It would be great to have the additional sections in the sidebar. It would be great to be able to do Clans & Bloodlines, Disciplines, Merits & Flaws, etc just as Pathfinder has Classes, Feats, Races etc
    Guys, I understand what you want, but I'm asking you literally:

what should, for example, a clan record do when dragging onto a character sheet? What fields should it contain? What fields on the sheet should the record fill in?

By the way, new beta v0.4.6 is here, found and fix some bugs, again .

The challenge also with those things is that since this system is for each supernatural creatures, you will end up with a plethora of different powers.
    The common ones would be: Merits/Flaws/Backgrounds (name/description/level).
    (name/description/level) would be applicable to any of the below ones as well:
    VtM: Disciplines/Powers(incl. level)/Rituals
    WtA: Auspice/Tribe/Breed/Gifts(incl. Rank and categorized by Auspice/Tribe/Breed)/Rites (catgorized by type of rites)/Fetishes
    MtA: Rotes using spheres levels/Wonders (name/description/spheres-level)
    WtO: Arcanoi
    CtD: Arts

NB: I may edit this post with more details after reviewing the relevant books in more details as time allows.

For my initial thoughts...I just need tabs where I can add things...

For Natures and Demeanors...we just need a tab to put them under (do the write-up) and then players / NPCs can just add them to the character sheet.
    For Merits and Flaws...we just need a tab to put them under and a place to list a "Cost" or "Bonus" points you get when choosing (we can do the write-up) that way player / NPCs just put on their sheets and link to the merit or flaw
    For Disciplines, Gifts and Powers...I think we need to show the "Level" of it and then a spot to type out what powers etc you get for it...then of course players / NPCs can just add to their sheets
    Clan/Tribe/Breed/Auspice...we can just do the write-up...like so many other things

Really I just need the tabs to be able to do the write-ups...I don't much need functionality to have the write-ups do something.

Anyone have other thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by GSKlein View Post

Anyone have other thoughts?
    Doesn't some of the Merits/Flaws and Disciplines, affect(effect maybe) certain dice pools and even some of the raw attribute & ability totals...I think there is a lot more to simple 'drag & drop' functionality. BUT, as a place to just give us the ability to keep the stuff on a sheet...the tabs could do that.

I for one would volunteer to transcribe these from my books over to a word/notepad format. If that would help. Several folks could make quick work of it I would think.

Just a thought...

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfish View Post
    Doesn't some of the Merits/Flaws and Disciplines, affect(effect maybe) certain dice pools and even some of the raw attribute & ability totals...I think there is a lot more to simple 'drag & drop' functionality. BUT, as a place to just give us the ability to keep the stuff on a sheet...the tabs could do that.

I for one would volunteer to transcribe these from my books over to a word/notepad format. If that would help. Several folks could make quick work of it I would think.

Just a thought...
    I will avoid here to talk about IP legal aspects and community sharing of such content.
    The advantage of the drag and drop of objects as previously suggested is that you can create modules with them and they can serve as a reference for the players from within their character sheet in the game and you would have to create each object only once as they will be re-used. It is easier to drag and drop an object from a library than to copy paste a whole description every time from an external source, and with your suggested method you will miss the advantages of searching through the different fields when needed.
    By the way, the use of objects is the way all rulesets are currently working.

You don't have to automate everything you may start just with the basics first and later expand.
    Merits and flaws usually don't have dice pools, they are merely bonus/malus or descriptive.
    Disciplines definitely have those, but even in the VTM5TH commercial ruleset you don't have automation on rolls based on disciplines dice pool description. It would anyway be difficult to implement as you would need to catch a specific format string in the description and create the dice pool out of it based on the user's character stats, then the challenge would be to apply the right difficulty modifiers etc... You would need a whole window before throwing the dices to adjust the dice pool and difficulty. First step would be to have a system to create dice pools like in VTM5TH based on stats and setting the difficulty.
    Foundry VTT implementations decided that when you click on a stat (attribute or skill) a window pops with that stat nd the others set as default values letting you adjust the stats and difficulties before throwing the dice pool.
    Last edited by Naurthoron; May 17th, 2022 at 09:40.

Quote Originally Posted by Naurthoron View Post
    I will avoid here to talk about IP legal aspects and community sharing of such content.
    Totally true...I was clearly just caught up in the moment. Just thinking with my heart(insert steak) and not my brain. Apologies...

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfish View Post

Just a thought...
    I don't need automation...my Players are capable of adding dice to their pools.

Just a place to really put the info and can export it would be great.

I suppose the same...I just have exceptionally worthless players I guess. And/OR, just very old...we played WoD when it was fresh on the market. That means we are all over...55! Some of us are a touch over 60 even

@GSKlein, @Naurthoron, @Kingfish,

Thank you all, kind sirs, for your answers, it really helps!
    One of these days I will try to write a message with a proposed roadmap for future development, which will include your wishes.
    So far, I'm thinking about implementing records for powers (Disciplines, Gifts, etc.) in the next stable version (i.e. v0.5), and other types for the future.

Thank you all again for the detailed discussion!

Thank you Meldon for all the word on this ruleset. I was fearful I'd never get to play WoD Original / V20 ever again since my players aand I only do online rpging now...we live away from one another and have busy family lives. So this ruleset has been a dream...

If anyone other there wants to work on a Shadowrun 5th ruleset...

LOL

I find sometimes the new versions of games just don't have the sweet feel of the older versions.

Thread Information