STAR TREK 2d20

March Update 2022

Hi Folks,

Here's what's being sent today:

• [Fixed] Armour Encumbrance is now calculating correctly again when being worn
    • [Fixed] Task Chains now take into account the 'DM' modifier from the previous roll
    • [Fixed} NPC Damage now rolls correctly again
    • [Fixed] Weapon Damage Type added to the Damage roll such as 3D6 stun now rolls correctly again
    • [New] Traveller Companion Automation. New 'Traveller Companion Combat (GM)' section added including Additional Wound Effects, Combat Mishaps, Disabling Wound Effects, Hit Locations, Knockout Blows, Natural Resilience and Random First Blood. You will need the Traveller Companion module loaded for these to roll automatically.
    • [New] Party Sheets. You can now roll characteristic checks for the Travellers
    • [New] Party Sheets. You can now roll skills checks for the Travellers, against a secret Task Difficulty.
    • [Updated] Task Chains. The effect label has been changed to 'Next DM'.
    • [Updated] Task Chains. A few of the tooltips have been changed to be clearer
    • [Updated] Task Chains. When a task chain is completed, it is automatically hidden, plus a chat window message is shown. Also note the final DM to check is not stored, as there is no further check to take place.
    • [Updated] Record Sheets. Spacecraft, Race and Equipment will now show any images automatically on the sheet. Note that this requires existing modules to be updated, but all new ones should have show.
    • [Updated] CoreRPG updates added. The latest CoreRPG updates are included.
    • [Updated] More Icons updated to have a Traveller 'look and feel'
    • [Updated] Fonts have once again been updated. Now it's FGU only. Should notice clearer titles etc.
    • [Updated] Many more minor changes included

Should have been done a few weeks back, but I lost a couple of weeks due to Covid in the house and going through all of us here!

Thanks,
    MBM
    Last edited by MadBeardMan; April 1st, 2022 at 16:12.
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Hi Folks,

I've updated the original post and sent this today.

Thanks,
    MBM
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Look forward to it going live.
    Ship locker didn't make it to this update?

Quote Originally Posted by Boldtaar View Post
    Look forward to it going live.
    Ship locker didn't make it to this update?
    Hi Boldtaar,

Alas not. The main work is done, it'll appear under the crew. I have items dragging into it, now I need to do items dragging out of it. I had to stop this dev as the recent CoreRPG updates affected a lot of important areas (hence the new bugs since it dropped).

I'll get back onto it in the week, as it's a great feature. The next update will be smaller. Less changes, but more often to get things back on track.

Cheers,
    MBM

Hey MBM, great list of additions. Thank you so much for all your hard work. I did run into a problem with the party sheet not displaying any skills from the dropdown menu in the Skill Check field. I did fix it by deleting all the party members from the sheet and dragging them back in, however. Perhaps a note should be added that this is required?

I have also noticed some problems with skill dragging while making PCs and NPCs. Most skills specializations will autopopulate the base skill into the sheet when you input them, as well as automatically applying level 1 (as per the rules) but there are some that do not do this and only populate as, for example; "Heavy Weapons (man portable) 0" and then when dragged a second time, will just create another entry for "Heavy Weapons (man portable) 0", rather than leveling up the skill, as is usually the case. This has greatly slowed down workflow by needing to go in to NPC sheets and manually input skills. Heavy Weapons is not the only skill that is behaving this way either. I am attaching an example of the bug/error as well as a second image of every skill specialization that is misbehaving.

Also; as you can see Gun Combat is populating as just "Combat" in NPC sheets at the very least. Didn't check this in PC sheets.

skill error.JPG
    misbehaving skills.JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mallorylover23, you might want to post the error you discovered in the Official Bug Thread at the top, MBM is more likely to monitor that and see the error sooner, than in this thread

good idea, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mallorylover23 View Post
    good idea, thanks.
    Hi Mallorylover23,

Thanks for the details, that's excellent. I'm going to start the next update this week so I'll get this tested and fixed.

Thanks,
    MBM

[Updated] Record Sheets. Spacecraft, Race and Equipment will now show any images automatically on the sheet. Note that this requires existing modules to be updated, but all new ones should have show.

I tried to add an image to our PC Spacecraft records by dragging an image into the notes section but it does not work.

Is there a way to add images to PC Spacecraft record sheets?

thank you

Quote Originally Posted by adzling View Post
    [Updated] Record Sheets. Spacecraft, Race and Equipment will now show any images automatically on the sheet. Note that this requires existing modules to be updated, but all new ones should have show.

I tried to add an image to our PC Spacecraft records by dragging an image into the notes section but it does not work.

Is there a way to add images to PC Spacecraft record sheets?

thank you
    Not at the moment, what is has now is a hidden field, when I do the next round of improvements I'll give you access to that field. As the 'code' checks for that field, and then injects an image directly into the record sheet. I'm testing all of this out on the 2300AD ruleset so as not to break anything here until it's working nicely, then I copy it across.

It'll be there soon, as soon as I've made sure all other record sheets can support it.

Thanks,
    MBM

Thread Information