5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 6 of 10 First ... 45678 ... Last
    Total bummer to see you go Thomas! I really enjoyed this extension. I hope Foundry continues to give you what you are looking for!

Thanks for continuing this rhagelstrom!!

Just downloaded to test with 2E. Will report back in a few sessions to see how it works and how the players respond to it.

Thanks,

BOB
    We do not stop playing because we grow old.
    We grow old because we stop playing.

www.islandkingdoms.org

Quote Originally Posted by Drowbe View Post
    Hi All --

It's with mixed emotions that I have decided to move from Fantasy Grounds to Foundry for our gaming sessions. Both platforms can be incredible; however, for the campaigns, I run I found that for our needs and playstyle, Foundry was the preferred platform. It was easier to use, aligned with our play style, and the team really loved the user experience and the amped-up aesthetics of the maps, animations, sounds, etc. Further, my prep time and ability to get my homebrew in the system has been more than cut in half. (we ran sessions in both to assess).

Best, --Thomas aka Drowbe
    If you don't mind, could you elaborate on this a bit? I am curious to learn how/what Foundry does that reduces prep burden to such a degree. In my mind, there is only such much time/effort you can save for creating things like items/NPCs/Effects and what not. I would guess that FGU/Foundry have similar systems/functions for that. So hearing it from you first hand on how the change has saved you time would be very appreciated
    Last edited by Dudin; October 17th, 2022 at 19:43.

Version Update 1.2

Changes:
    • Code cleanup
    • Got rid of all the global declarations and moved to themes
    • Re-enabled the selection of a different DM portrait that Drowbe had. There are a few of them to select from
    • Theme the Inspiration overlay with what was available from Drowbe
    • Theme of the generic chat font types
    • Removed Hearth font theme at @sirmotte suggestion
    • Reworked the internal FG function hooks which allows the load order to be set back to what Drowbe had. Should fix PF2 font issue in powers
    • Added Effect Expire Icon that Drowbe had but was never used.
    • Added ability for 3rd party extensions to add themes to this Chat Aesthetics Configurator

The last point, I'm putting together a skeleton extension so that whoever wishes can add their own custom themes. That will allow you to change the icons and font definitions to whatever you want and not have them overwritten every time that Chat Aesthetics Configurator is updated on the Forge. I hope to have this finished in the next couple of days.

This should work for any ruleset however depending on how rulesets name things, there might be some oddities. If you see something say something and I should be able to get it sorted pretty quickly

Is there a way we can increase the font size. In the past I modified the code but it appears this is in the vault now.

Please disregard, I found the file. All is good.

Version Update 1.3
    Changes to support custom themes and GM portraits.

I created a companion extension Fireside which allows custom themes and custom GM portraits to be created. Changes made in Fireside will persist when Chat Aesthetics Configurator is updated. You'll have to download Fireside from Github. Follow the provided instructions to make your own adjustments.

Version Update 1.4
    Fixed script error on messages that don't have associated icon

Quote Originally Posted by rhagelstrom View Post
    Version Update 1.3
    Changes to support custom themes and GM portraits.

I created a companion extension Fireside which allows custom themes and custom GM portraits to be created. Changes made in Fireside will persist when Chat Aesthetics Configurator is updated. You'll have to download Fireside from Github. Follow the provided instructions to make your own adjustments.
    This totally rocks. Quality of life enhancement. Thank you.

I had my players today saying they couldn’t see if [HIT] we’re hits as they couldn’t see the icons in the chat channel. Is it now that the icon is honouring visibility whe it didn’t ?

Thread Information