5E Character Create Playlist
Page 4 of 10 First ... 23456 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Morenu View Post
    Love the Idea of this ext. any chance in the future to make a Corerpg or PF1e version?
    Perhaps... but I'd like to nail down the basic before I extend it into other rulesets. That will take me a bit of time to wrap my head around as I only play 5e... and even then, not well. heh

Any Errors?

With all of the recent changes to Fantasy Grounds... and all the extensions those changes seem to have messed up, has anyone had issues with mine? I've not seen any errors, but someone DM'd me that it may have caused one for them. I don't have any details... but I am seeing nothing. Let me know if you see any.

--Thomas

No your extn was fine. I had issues with [HIT] etc not processing. But it was ‘Miss Flavor Text’ extn causing the issue

Hello and thank you for making this awesome theme!

I am not sure if it's because of current changes in the FGU, but... It seems like icon themes and text themes don't change when I try to adjust them in the options menu. They are fixed as the "simple" option, I believe. I tried restarting the game session, connecting as a player, and using different rulesets (Originally, I was using GURPS 4e but the problem occurred for 5e and other rulesets too), etc. I couldn't find a solution.

In addition to this, it seems like dmg icons are just player or GM portraits, there are no blood or other kinds of special icons.

I was using the forge version and tried to delete and update it. It's still the same. Simple icons are awesome too but, since you ask for a bug, I wanted to make some feedback.

Have a nice day!

I think development for this extension is stopped. No criticism towards Drowbe, ext are on how developer's time. We use it as is, but don't wait for an update.
    Simon De Luca
    Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Hi All --

It's with mixed emotions that I have decided to move from Fantasy Grounds to Foundry for our gaming sessions. Both platforms can be incredible; however, for the campaigns, I run I found that for our needs and playstyle, Foundry was the preferred platform. It was easier to use, aligned with our play style, and the team really loved the user experience and the amped-up aesthetics of the maps, animations, sounds, etc. Further, my prep time and ability to get my homebrew in the system has been more than cut in half. (we ran sessions in both to assess). As a GM I miss some of the amazing coding and power in FG, but overall it was a good move for us. Managing their characters on DND Beyond was a huge win for them.

As such, I will no longer be investing in or updating this extension. I've truly loved getting to know the FG community and the support I've received here. I have nothing but good things to say about Fantasy Grounds and its users -- I will continue to monitor progress from the side and am excited to see where the software goes.

I am happy to send anyone interested the code and source files for this extension. I pulled it together to fill some "visual" gaps in the FG user experiences (I run design teams by trade) and never expected anyone else to want to use it. I was surprised and delighted to find that others found it of use too. It has been in a pretty stable state, so I've not invested in it in quite a while. With my move from FG to Foundry a couple of months ago, I've decided not to continue to work on this extension... and the other extensions I have contributed visuals to like 5E Indicators, Portals, Interactive Portraits, Hearth Theme, etc. Let me know if anyone wants my source code or image files.

Thank you all for the support, kind words, and surprising 5-star rating on the Forge.

Best, --Thomas aka Drowbe

Quote Originally Posted by Drowbe View Post
    Hi All --

It's with mixed emotions that I have decided to move from Fantasy Grounds to Foundry for our gaming sessions. Both platforms can be incredible; however, for the campaigns, I run I found that for our needs and playstyle, Foundry was the preferred platform. It was easier to use, aligned with our play style, and the team really loved the user experience and the amped-up aesthetics of the maps, animations, sounds, etc. Further, my prep time and ability to get my homebrew in the system has been more than cut in half. (we ran sessions in both to assess). As a GM I miss some of the amazing coding and power in FG, but overall it was a good move for us. Managing their characters on DND Beyond was a huge win for them.

As such, I will no longer be investing in or updating this extension. I've truly loved getting to know the FG community and the support I've received here. I have nothing but good things to say about Fantasy Grounds and its users -- I will continue to monitor progress from the side and am excited to see where the software goes.

I am happy to send anyone interested the code and source files for this extension. I pulled it together to fill some "visual" gaps in the FG user experiences (I run design teams by trade) and never expected anyone else to want to use it. I was surprised and delighted to find that others found it of use too. It has been in a pretty stable state, so I've not invested in it in quite a while. With my move from FG to Foundry a couple of months ago, I've decided not to continue to work on this extension... and the other extensions I have contributed visuals to like 5E Indicators, Portals, Interactive Portraits, Hearth Theme, etc. Let me know if anyone wants my source code or image files.

Thank you all for the support, kind words, and surprising 5-star rating on the Forge.

I'll be this extensions steward if you need. I've made it compatible with BIDI, see attached
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank you offering to step in. @rhagelstrom
    I just learned about this extension and I love it.
    So much easier to find specific rolls in the chat history with the font colors and icons.

Thank you
    Last edited by maugrim8866; October 12th, 2022 at 18:57.

Quote Originally Posted by Drowbe View Post
    Hi All --

Thank you for all the work. Good luck in the new VTT.

Quote Originally Posted by rhagelstrom View Post
    I'll be this extensions steward if you need. I've made it compatible with BIDI, see attached
    Very cool! Will it be the forge one or will we find updates in the posts here or something else?

Thank you!

Thread Information