STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

BattleZoo Bestiary - Release Announcement and Product Discussion

BattleZoo Bestiary for Pathfinder Second Edition

Release Announcement and Product Discussion

The BattleZoo Bestiary for Pathfinder Second Edition is now available on Fantasy Grounds!

Any questions/comments/concerns about the module should be made in this thread; especially if there are any problems with the module. Although I put a lot of effort into this module, there was several changes made throughout the conversion process to both the BattleZoo Bestiary book as well as the reference manual section of FGU. Due to this there may be some things that need to be updated or cleaned up. This was my first module, so any constructive criticism will help me create better modules in the future.

NOTE: The section that most likely needs attention is the monster attack automations. Although the vast majority have been fully automated, they have not been tested for several months for any weird interactions. If any problems are found, please let me know in thread and I will address it as soon as possible. In addition, there will be more automation options in the future (skill check vs DC) that I plan on implementing when given the opportunity.

The product is split into the BattleZoo Bestiary module as well as the Player's Resource. The Bestiary module contains ALL of the information for both the GM and Player. The Player's Resource contains an extensive reference manual for the Monster Parts System as well as the backgrounds/archetypes/etc. that would be available to the players. The Player's Resource does not contain any of the bestiary information.

CHANGES MADE
    • Othruni and Semuvig entries updated per new PDF release
    • Images updated to remove 'washed out' look
    • NPC entries correctly show AC
    • Imbuments list corrected in Player's Resource
    • Updated links when needed from both modules

LINKS

BattleZoo Bestiary (PF2) Store Link
    BattleZoo Bestiary (PF2) Steam Store Link
    Roll For Combat Main Site
    BattleZoo Home Page
    Last edited by DaddyNugget; March 9th, 2022 at 05:12.

[this post is reserved]

One thing I've found odd is the player's version has an empty "Items and Inbuments" spread. The other thing I'd say is to improve the level of the product is also to have the images already set up in the NPC "other" tab portion of the sheet, like in the pf2e bestiary for quicker access for dms.

PS: Also for some reason couldn't attach the image the other way.....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by revanmaster; March 1st, 2022 at 11:39. Reason: added a attachment

Quote Originally Posted by revanmaster View Post
    One thing I've found odd is the player's version has an empty "Items and Inbuments" spread. The other thing I'd say is to improve the level of the product is also to have the images already set up in the NPC "other" tab portion of the sheet, like in the pf2e bestiary for quicker access for dms.

PS: Also for some reason couldn't attach the image the other way.....

Good catch, I'll fix the library link as well as add images for the next update. Thank you.

Just wanted to point out that currently none of the creatures have an AC coded
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Arneaut View Post
    Just wanted to point out that currently none of the creatures have an AC coded
    Weird something must have broken when I made other adjustments. Fixing this ASAP and will push it through hopefully today.

EDIT: Just updated the module. All of the creatures now have their AC value as well as an image link in their other tab. Also corrected the Player's Resource in two ways: images were previously unidentified in the images menu, and fixed the library link listing for the reference manual.
    Last edited by DaddyNugget; March 7th, 2022 at 02:44.

I'm not sure if I should report this here or as a general "bug", but the trait list of all monsters needs to be comma separated, otherwise the effect function IFT: TYPE(...) doesn't work. I noticed that it doesn't work on any of the Battlezoo Bestiary monsters, as they don't have that comma separation, while all monsters from the regular bestiary have it.

Or maybe lets file a bug to process TYPE clauses to ignore spaces and comas on traits? Sometimes I parse monsters from other sources and the PF2 Creature Parser don't add commas either.
    Daniel Salles de Araújo (@dsaraujo)
    Developer of PFRPG2 GM Enhancements - Improve your Pathfinder 2E game!
    Check out the Pathfinder Deck of Endless NPCs!

Quote Originally Posted by dsaraujo View Post
    Or maybe lets file a bug to process TYPE clauses to ignore spaces and comas on traits? Sometimes I parse monsters from other sources and the PF2 Creature Parser don't add commas either.
    Initially the ruleset used spaces and commas interchangeably as originally all traits were one word - or a hyphenated word (half-elf, for example). But then Paizo introduced some traits that were more than one word - the first one being Sea Devil in the Bestiary, so the FG PF2 ruleset code had to be changed to use commas to separate traits. There's areas where it still uses spaces for backwards compatibility with PC created early in the life cycle of the ruleset (trait double-click lookup, for example), but traits moving forwards should be comma separated.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Initially the ruleset used spaces and commas interchangeably as originally all traits were one word - or a hyphenated word (half-elf, for example). But then Paizo introduced some traits that were more than one word - the first one being Sea Devil in the Bestiary, so the FG PF2 ruleset code had to be changed to use commas to separate traits. There's areas where it still uses spaces for backwards compatibility with PC created early in the life cycle of the ruleset (trait double-click lookup, for example), but traits moving forwards should be comma separated.
    In that case I guess DaddyNugget has their work cut out for themselves

Thread Information