STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

PF2E Tools to Fantasy Ground Unity Conversion Tool

Hello! I've spent a few weeks learning about python and the PF2e tools website. I've finally managed to make a tool that is able to parse all of the feats into a module.

The first thing that you want to do is head over to the PF2etool website (https://pf2etools.com/index.html).
    Then, click on the players table and click on the feats sub tab.
    This should bring you to a table of all of the feats.
    From here, you should filter the feats that you want and don't want. By default, only a few rulebooks are selected, but you can change that in the filter.
    Then, select the top feat and scroll to the bottom of the list and while holding shift press the feat on the bottom.
    You'll then right click on the highlighted list and press the pin (or add) option.
    After you have your feats pinned, you'll right click on the pinned list (upper right corner) and press the Download JSON Data button.
    Place this in an empty folder for now.
    Go over to my git page now (https://github.com/Holo74/PF2E-Tools...ound/tree/main) and download the python and OGL.txt. Put both of them into the same folder that the JSON data is in.
    Lastly, run the python using python 3.9 (not sure if it is required, but that is what I ran it in) and it should produce 3 files. Only the .mod file should go into your modules folder. Please let me know if you find any bugs or oddities and I'll try to get to them as quickly as possible.

I want to do a few more things with the converter, but my personal life makes this a very slow process.
    Last edited by Holo74; March 1st, 2022 at 23:14. Reason: Include other optional terms instead of just pin

The UsageRequirements.txt is also required to be in the folder with the script as well.

Current list of things that can be parsed right now:

Feats
    Backgrounds
    Spells
    Beasts (With spell lists)
    Hazards
    Afflictions
    Items
    Last edited by Holo74; March 29th, 2022 at 06:38.

I tried this with all the spells and got two "Unhandled Entry type: pf2-sample-box" messages before the module was created. It looks like there are two spells that have "pf2-sample-box" in their entries: Unseen Servant and Summom Deific Herald. Are these placeholders going to do something in the future?

-- When I click on the created module in the Modules window there is nothing there shown in the right hand pane. I believe the OGL entry is supposed to be there at a minimum.
    -- As a convenience, there should probably be a clickable item in the right pane to bring up the list of what is in the module (spells, creatures, feats, etc).
    -- It would be nice to be able to provide a name for the a module when it is created.

Great work. Looking forward to being able to import all the monsters from all the APs without having to open them all up and do it manually.
    Last edited by Stargrove; February 27th, 2022 at 16:43.

The pf2-sample-box is currently known. It is a bit of a weird entry, but also nice to have as well. I'm going to be handling the type this week so that it matches what is seen in pf2e tools.
    I'm not entirely sure how to get the story entries to be in the right hand pane. Is there any place that I can go to that would help me in having it show up there?
    That is also a really good idea to have a name for the module. I'll try and get that implemented along with the sample boxes this week.

Thank you very much for the suggestions!

Quote Originally Posted by Holo74 View Post
    I'm not entirely sure how to get the story entries to be in the right hand pane. Is there any place that I can go to that would help me in having it show up there?
    There's a <library> section in the module XML that specifies the links and their targets for the right-hand pane in the library window. Have a look at any of the PF1 OGL modules provided by SmiteWorks for examples - PF-SRD-Basic-Rules.mod is a good one as it contains similar information.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Ah thank you! The library entries were being placed in the wrong parent. I'll push an update with those changes so the licensing is seen immediately.

You could create a test module in PF2e with what you need, export it, and then open it up to get a better idea.

To do this start up FGU an empty campaign with nothing loaded, click on the Story button on the right, and create an OGL entry. In the chat window you would type /export, fill in the required text boxes, make sure you select Story in the exported record types, and hit the Export button. The new module will get created in your Modules folder. You can then open it up and see what it looks like in the db.xml file.
    Last edited by Stargrove; February 27th, 2022 at 17:08.

Saw you made an update and tried creating the spells module again and received the following error in the FGU console:

Code:
    [2/27/2022 10:50:39 AM] [ERROR]  Process Data File (PF2eTools Spells): 'static' is an unexpected token. The expected token is '='. Line 4, position 23.
    I had named my module "PF2eTools Spells" at the prompt and figure the error was related to a space in the name of the module. I tried it again with the name "PF2eTools_Spells" and it worked fine. Most modules have spaces in the names, so you might want to look at that.

One other thing...you should include your website icon in the modules that get created.
    Last edited by Stargrove; February 27th, 2022 at 18:09.

Ah yeah I didn't catch that error when I allowed the name changes. I'm still learning how modules are put together and what type of restrictions I'm working within. Thank you very much for testing it and working with me when errors come up! I pushed a small bug fix so that the error shouldn't occur anymore (hopefully).

Thread Information