STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Right....

If I can export an FGU character to a readable XML... I might be able to see where it's looking for its data,
    And then extrapolate.

What about manual entry within FGU.
    If I need to add a custom.... Ancestry for example.
    Is there any shortcut for the process?

Currently, my first effort (successful if painstaking)
    Was open a working Ancestry, and start a blank ancestry, and try my best to make duplicates of each of the entries.
    Boosts, traits etc...
    Borrowing the language and format from a working entry.

Is that the manual entry process? Or am I missing a shortcut?
    It seems like, Boosts worked well, skills might work well,
    But I worry abiut some of the other elements that I'm not sure I know how to reproduce.

Quote Originally Posted by Holo74 View Post
    So, the data from pathbuilder is very basic. It...
    Hopefully this helps and I'm glad to see that the tool still functions after all this time.
    Thank you for the response!

Quote Originally Posted by Holo74 View Post
    So, the data from pathbuilder is very basic. It follows the idea that it'll only provide what is absolutely needed and nothing more. The data is pretty much names and modifications to the base data. I've tried to understand how I can import the character, yet it seems like you'll need to do it from within fantasy grounds itself. The reason I say that is you don't really know how to convert the names to a full character sheet without some points of reference. I personally don't have the skills to create an extension that does the conversion within fantasy grounds. It's kind of a big project that requires a very good understanding of how the data is coming from pathbuilder and how to convert it into fantasy grounds formatting. That would be the first step if you want to make the characters yourself. You would need to make an extension for fantasy grounds that reads the data into the character sheet. Almost like a creature parser, but for players. Hopefully this helps and I'm glad to see that the tool still functions after all this time.
    I've been reading online, and it seems that there are several converters for the Beyond JSON export files, to fgu XML import files.
    I was hoping that meant that we would have, or could create, a converter for Pathbuilder JSON, to FGU XML.
    I do appreciate if the digital challenge is not as easy to implement as one might hope.

Quote Originally Posted by SweegyLeo View Post
    Currently, my first effort (successful if painstaking)
    Was open a working Ancestry, and start a blank ancestry, and try my best to make duplicates of each of the entries.
    My recommendation would be to make a copy of an existing ancestry that's close to the one you want and the copy - that's probably a bit quicker.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by SweegyLeo View Post
    I've been reading online, and it seems that there are several converters for the Beyond JSON export files, to fgu XML import files.
    I was hoping that meant that we would have, or could create, a converter for Pathbuilder JSON, to FGU XML.
    I do appreciate if the digital challenge is not as easy to implement as one might hope.
    As mentioned in my reply to your similar question in another thread - even doing an XML conversion tool won't give you the full end PC. The PF2 ruleset has more automation embedded in the feats, features, abilities etc. of the FG records which trigger when added to the PC - that would be difficult to do in a converter.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    My recommendation would be to make a copy of an existing ancestry that's close to the one you want and the copy - that's probably a bit quicker.
    I will definitely try this. We are currently playing with the starter box, and my new DM license.
    Im honestly on a modest budget, so while, I do fully support and appreciate the game, and FG, and PF team.
    I do have to think about, when I can expand the library of modukes,
    And try to find functional solutions in the meantime.

Anyway, I really appreciate your response. Thank you.

I've updated the tool as it wasn't able to run with up to date data structures from the PF2E tools website. Now all the previously working data should work. Keyword is should. I'm not sure if everything works 100 percent, but I managed to add in the ability to link data in my code which is used in like 2 places unfortunately.

I've now included traits in the list of acceptable parsing. It was actually very fast and helps a lot with knowing what does what.

Thread Information