STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Pathfinder Second Edition - Ruleset plans for 2022-23

Some of the Core PF2 devs have been fairly quiet for the last few months - personal life has hit us hard in a number of ways. We've been keeping up with bug fixes and support posts, but have been unable to do development/conversions as much as over the previous couple of years. That should now change as the challenges of real life have subsided a little - until the next round of challenges arrive, of course...

As always, please refer to the Product Conversion thread (stickied at the top of the Pathfinder 2.0 forum) for the latest on DLC product conversions: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...version-Status

Plans for 2022

We've already come far but know that there is still significant work to do - and that work will continue as Paizo release more products.

• The usual ongoing conversion of Adventure Paths and stand-alone adventures - @sciencephile has been solid in his conversions and we look forward to more great conversions this year!
    • Start to catch up on the outstanding core and Lost Omens product conversions - this will be ongoing.
    • Conversions of upcoming core and Lost Omens products.
    • At least one big ruleset update with new functionality - Release 19 details in post #2 below.
    • Continue to add hard-coded automation into more products - this will be ongoing.

The information in this thread is all subject to change based off development priorities and developer/converter availability.

Reminder: Everyone who works on the PF2 ruleset and product conversions does not work full time for SmiteWorks. We do all of this work in out spare time - so please try to be patient if things aren't happening as fast as you'd like.
    Last edited by Trenloe; February 23rd, 2022 at 16:59.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Release 19

Release 19 will go into beta test in the next few months. It will be an iterative process - with key pieces of functionality introduced during the test. I expect this process to take a number of months as we introduce new functionality, bug fix, refine the process and convert library data to match.

Release 19 - beta test late 2022.
    • Additional "Activities" tab added to the character sheet - contains PF2 action/activity data. This tab will be the main place to access and carry out PF2 actions for a characters - skill actions (e.g. demoralize), feat based actions, class feature based actions, item based actions, general actions, etc., etc..
    • Addition of a new record type - "Activity" to cater for PF2 actions, activities and automation.
    • New automation, for example: Skill vs. DC (for skill based actions such as trip, push, demoralize, etc.), attack & damage (for bombs and other things), heal (for healing actions and items), effects, etc..
    • Improved hazard automation.
    • Tracking and handling of afflictions.
    • Automation of the dying process and wounded condition.
    • Option to select a specific skill for initiative.
    • Desktop modifier buttons/controls.
    • Damage combination for features such as flurry of blows.
    • Additional effect targeting "To Me" option.
    • Filter by trait in campaign data lists - if performance is acceptable.
    • Category filter in grouped lists.
    • Distance calculations for ranged attacks.
    Last edited by Trenloe; February 4th, 2023 at 11:35.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Release 20 and beyond

Release 20+ - (R20 ETA late 2023 and beyond)
    • Animal Companion handling
    • Encounter XP and Threat calculations.
    • Better presentation of chargen option windows and data selection.
    • Tighter integration of magic items and their abilities/effects.
    • Lots and lots and lots and lots more...
    Last edited by Trenloe; February 4th, 2023 at 11:35.

Reserved 1

Reserved 2

Thank you so much for the update and thanks for your continued hard work.

Great update Trenloe, thank you!
    Ultimate License holder Unity & Classic.
    Currently GM'ing Homebrew Pathfinder 2.

I've been waiting for word on this. So excited! Thanks, Trenloe.

Awesome. I am sure there are a bunch of us ready to "throw money at the screen" for Secrets of Magic and other books as soon as the ruleset allows it...

Trenloe, we are just getting into week 5 since you posted above. Curious how close things are for the beta.

Thread Information