STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Montreal by Night Reference manual

I’m currently working on building a module and a reference manual based on the 1997 Black Dog release of Montreal by Night. I’m using current V5 version of the ruleset. So It’s not a perfect transfert of the data in the guide. But other than transposing Obtenebration for Oblivion for instance, just like in the current ruleset. Everything is the same.

I was thinking it would be a shame for all this hardwork not to be available to others, but I’m not sure how it works for rights and stuff like that.
    If I post it here. No money request or anything. It's been 25 years since release and I don't think Black Dog is still in operation. Is this legal?

Should I provide the module and reference manual to FG owners and let you guys deal with the legal side?
    Or is it preferable to keep this to myself?

I already started working on Fall of London and Chicaco by night V5 edition.

Something I didn't concider

I would have to provide my Chicago by Night and Anarch module that I started working for the missing clans they provide.

Chicago by night V5: Privides Lasombra.

Anarch: The Ministry (Setites).

I have nothing else I have done for these two modules yet. Only the clans. I intend to work on them later, because I have to game to prepare and it's set in Montreal 1998.

Anyway. I'd like to know what you guys think.

N.B. I know I could just add the clans to the Montreal by Night module I'm working on. But was trying to stay away from that. To keep it seperated, just like the RL material published.

I wrote to Paradox Interactive this morning. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Keeping my fingers crossed too, hope you succeed!

Update: I heard from them last week and they are reviewing my request. I’ll let you guys know how it goes.

Unfortunately, Paradox Interactive shut me down.

My argument about the book being out of print wasn't good for them. Especially since they still sell a pdf version of it on DrivethruRPG.

Anyway. I'm going to send them the VTT version. Hoping they decide to release it for you guys.

I'd rather not see all that work go to waste. I'm a bit dissapointed but would not go against their wishes. It's their property. Got to respect that.

I'm hoping they do release it. I did a real damn good job of it. It's not bad at all. It's even better than the Camarilla release. So many short cuts aren't working in that one. The table of content is broken for instance.

Anyway. I hope they get their VTT game up by a notch. VTT is the way of the future for RPG. Especially now.

Thanks for trying, it was to be expected from Paradox.
    Best luck would be that they commercialize it via Smiteworks.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Myandreth View Post
    Unfortunately, Paradox Interactive shut me down.

My argument about the book being out of print wasn't good for them. Especially since they still sell a pdf version of it on DrivethruRPG.

Anyway. I'm going to send them the VTT version. Hoping they decide to release it for you guys.

I'd rather not see all that work go to waste. I'm a bit dissapointed but would not go against their wishes. It's their property. Got to respect that.

I'm hoping they do release it. I did a real damn good job of it. It's not bad at all. It's even better than the Camarilla release. So many short cuts aren't working in that one. The table of content is broken for instance.

Anyway. I hope they get their VTT game up by a notch. VTT is the way of the future for RPG. Especially now.
    Rather than them submitting your work - ask them if they are interested in having their material on FG.
    You can do the conversion and you will get some small amount of money to put towards your hobby.
    If they are interested contact [email protected] and pass it on to him.

I did asked about it. I would totally do the work. Converting the content to FG that is. But they havent offered me the option. I'm not sure of how it works on that end. Did Paradox Interactive did the conversion for the base game themself or someone from Smiteworks did it? How does this work?

Thread Information