FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Noticed New Behaviour With Created Things

Greetings,

not sure when this was updated, however I was creating some new Edges/Hindrances for my game and it was noticed that players could not see those creations at all.

I had to share them with the players using the radial menu.

However this behaviour seems non-intuitive since Edges/Hindrances are generally created for players to use/access.

Perhaps someone is creating the data from a Setting Book that they do not own for example.

Are we expected to create modules of new data for players for them to just be able to access the data without sharing it?

Thanks in Advance,
    D
    Thanks In Advance,
    D

Quote Originally Posted by UrsaTeddy View Post
    Greetings,

not sure when this was updated, however I was creating some new Edges/Hindrances for my game and it was noticed that players could not see those creations at all.

I had to share them with the players using the radial menu.

However this behaviour seems non-intuitive since Edges/Hindrances are generally created for players to use/access.

Perhaps someone is creating the data from a Setting Book that they do not own for example.

Are we expected to create modules of new data for players for them to just be able to access the data without sharing it?

Thanks in Advance,
    D
    If you create anything as a DM, it has to be shared with the players before they can use it. It has always been this way.

Everything the players see or have access to is shared by the host.

If you want to share a bunch of stuff, make it into a module and tell the players to load it.

However this was not the original behaviour.

The reason I noticed this at first was because I loaded a campaign that was on hiatus over the Christmas/New Year Holidays and players commenting they could not see the things that I had created.

Before the break this was not the case.

I have never used any modules except for the SWADE base rules for GM and Player and two character sheet extensions (Usage Die, Advancements Tab).

All other material is "hand made" by myself. This is the first time I have had to share the data with players.

Thanks for the reply,
    D
    Thanks In Advance,
    D

Quote Originally Posted by UrsaTeddy View Post
    However this was not the original behaviour.

The reason I noticed this at first was because I loaded a campaign that was on hiatus over the Christmas/New Year Holidays and players commenting they could not see the things that I had created.

Before the break this was not the case.

I have never used any modules except for the SWADE base rules for GM and Player and two character sheet extensions (Usage Die, Advancements Tab).

All other material is "hand made" by myself. This is the first time I have had to share the data with players.

Thanks for the reply,
    D
    You must be from the future where FG works differently and have travelled back into the present when it just does what it's always done. Please next time you see The Doctor, get her to grab your computer so we can get that version too

All joking aside though .. this is fact.

I run a vanilla SWADE campaign but with a few Hindrances and Edges taken from other sources that I have manually put into the system.

As I said pre-break they did not need to be shared ... so yeah ... future me merged with past me as well as future players merging with past players ... not a big deal at this point - we are dealing with each one as it pops up.

D
    Thanks In Advance,
    D

It is annoying when you forget to share it and yes, I am sure it did not used to be this way too.

But to be honest it is useful, you can create things you will want to share ahead of time now, then share them when the players discover it
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Oh I am sure there are benefits either way ... now I will have to learn to create a module "the correct way" to collect my campaign information together.
    Thanks In Advance,
    D

The only way I can think FG was sharing stuff with players without you actually sharing it is if you added stuff to a category or module they already had shared.
    Otherwise it was a bug in Savage Worlds that got fixed, no other ruleset was sharing things with players automatically.
    But its not important.

I was only using SWADE base rules (Player and GM modules).

I was creating groups in the drop downs for my own organisation (for example My Campaign Hindrances).

I was creating the data in those new groups.

You cannot insert new data into the SWADE modules.

So bug perhaps. However as previously stated it was like this until end of November.
    Thanks In Advance,
    D

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    Otherwise it was a bug in Savage Worlds that got fixed, no other ruleset was sharing things with players automatically.
    Or it was a conscious change Ikael did for the ruleset that broke with the CoreRPG update in January (?).

EDIT: I fired up Fantasy Grounds Classic where the last changes were somewhere in last June and it worked back then exactly as it does now - you have to change manually. So maybe there was indeed some bug...
    Last edited by FrodoB; February 21st, 2022 at 11:59.

Thread Information