FG Spreadshirt Swag

[MoreCore] Supported Effects?

I tried doing some google-fu on this topic, but I didn't come up with anything. I've also noticed that there's no listing for Effects at the MoreCore User Guide website. In my most recent adaptation, the source rules have a number of Commander Effects, most of which can be handled manually via the dice roll modifier box, so not a big deal. An effect that I do need however, is the ability to modify Defence. Without a listing of Effects though, I don't know if that's even possible and if it is, what the syntax shoiuld be..Admittedly, I lack the knowledge as to whether some effects are defined in CoreRPG (and inherantly available to MoreCore), or if the're always put in place by rulesets.

Anyhow...I'm wondering if MoreCore does support Effects, and if so is there resource available that lists them?
    Last edited by kronovan; February 16th, 2022 at 20:58.

Blog Entries
    There is no mechanical support for Effects in MoreCore
    They will be displayed in the Combat Tracker as normal but there is no impact/effect/change on stats or rolls.
    You can add Effects like Prone, Diseased etc, you can add duration, but it will just be a visual reminder.

I doubt Ill ever add mechanical support for Effects...

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    There is no mechanical support for Effects in MoreCore
    They will be displayed in the Combat Tracker as normal but there is no impact/effect/change on stats or rolls.
    You can add Effects like Prone, Diseased etc, you can add duration, but it will just be a visual reminder.

I doubt Ill ever add mechanical support for Effects...
    Oh OK - thanks for letting me know damned. I get it; for MoreCore, effects are just visual queues in the Combat Tracker. The one effect I was lookig for was Cover which grants a +4 to Defence, but I can probably just handle it by applying a -4 penalty to attack rolls via the modifier box, since the rules I'm adapting only use a d20.

Thread Information