DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 5 of 7 First ... 34567 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    These attachments are not working for me.
    Fixed it. Sorry to leave you in the dark there
    Ultimate License holder.
    Over 10 years on Fantasy Grounds !

Quote Originally Posted by FrodoB View Post
    I think you misunderstand my point.
    On the effects page right now it say that you have to write Pace +1d to increase your running die when in fact it should be Run +1d. I'm aware that Pace does not have a die value, but that was what the effect is called on the Wiki - either because it used to be this way but got changed later or because it just got written up wrong.

My other point is that Pace +4 does change the value on the character sheet appropriately...sometimes. Adding some edges does indeed update the pace displayed on the charsheet (and by extension in the CT), but effects on items and the CT does not. Now, I am not in the mood to go code delving, but it's either that these edges are hard-coded to do this or that adding/removing edges and abilities are a special case in the ruleset that gets treated differently from effects applied in other ways.
    Yeah, you are right. It is late and I missed the point about the Wiki being wrong. I am pretty sure that is typo. I have pretty good idea of how pace sometimes changes on the character sheet. We can add a modifier inside the character sheet instead of the CT. However being tired the sensible thing is to step away from the code right now.
    Ultimate License holder.

Ok back and more awake. Here is whole story on how pace is calculated. The idea here is just show how the input changes the VTT output. With the hope that it is useful information for those people adding additional automated effects.

Pace never has a die value. Pace + Run die. Pace is just a number that will accept addition or subtraction. [Pace +1] or [Pace -1]. If you wanted to say double pace 6 to 12 you could use [pace +6]. Or even [Pace =12].
    Run on the other hand always has a die value and defaults to d6. So [Run +1d] gives d8.

Depending on where you place the change it will effect the game in different ways.

On a character sheet inside of an edge: It will change the internal calculation on the sheet and show the updated values. When the character is place on the CT the new values get copied across. It will be taken into account for run rolls.

If you place the modifer on an item: It will not change the internal calculation on the sheet and show the updated values. It will not show on the CT either. However it will be taken into account for run rolls.

If you place it on the CT like when a spell is cast: It will not go back and change the internal calculation on the chracter sheet and show the updated values. However everyone can see it on the CT and it will be taken into account for run rolls.

I know that is clear as mud. So here is doodle becuase I am terrible an explaining stuff pace modifier.PNG
    This pattern should be the same for any modifer in theory. Add inside of an edge and the numbers on character sheet change and they can be carried across to the CT. Placing a modifier else where does not change character sheet directly. The logic here is they are temporary changes brough about by using an item or spell.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Lonewolf; June 26th, 2022 at 19:36.
    Ultimate License holder.

Automatic ammunition count and auto fire set up. Hold down right mouse button on attack die. Pick the number of attacks equal to the weapon ROF. It will now roll the right number of dice and use factor in recoil
    https://youtu.be/GhXQkUvfAQY?t=378

For three round burst add sub attack with effect [>#3RB]
    Ultimate License holder.

The post made in error that will not die
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Lonewolf; July 1st, 2022 at 13:59.
    Ultimate License holder.

Ok so you have a situation where a character gets a skill package. For example there is setting rule in the new super powers companion that at some point. The super hero team gets not just an advance but a training montage that adds a bunch of stuff. Here how you do that:

Lets add the Edge "Trained by a master". I just made that up so will have to design it with effects. It gives two extra abilities. A new Marksman ability adds a die to shooting. That character also gains a die in survival. When the Edge "Trained by a master" is dragged to the character it automatically adds the other stuff in one move tempsnip.jpg

I could have done this with a single edge that adds a bunch of effects. Or it could add one ability slot with lots of effects. Or you can break it down into mutiple abilities getting automaticaly added. Whatever you need it lets to drag a skill list onto the character.
    Last edited by Lonewolf; July 2nd, 2022 at 11:18.
    Ultimate License holder.

Coin weight is accounted for in SWADE. For settings where you don't want a character to put 1000 gold coins in each pocket and then run for miles.
    In game option the default setting is on. If you don't want this in your game switch if off.

To set up: Go into currencies and add coin weights

Now when a character gets coins they add combined weight to encumbrance. If you got something that you need to track that has trade value and not a coin. There a new text box that scrolls under the coins. money2.jpg
    Last edited by Lonewolf; July 2nd, 2022 at 11:21.
    Ultimate License holder.

/roll natural healing

and

/roll bleeding out

With the space between words work fine.

Liquid Courage [Vigor +1d, Agility> -1, Smarts> -1, Ignore Wounds -1, Toughness +1]
    Last edited by Lonewolf; July 13th, 2022 at 17:19.
    Ultimate License holder.

I'm afraid I don't understand what you're trying to tell me...?
    Is this another pre-defined effect that is not in the list of global effects?

Thread Information