STAR TREK 2d20

Weird Map Issues

So last night I was running a game and when I loaded the encounter on the map we were using for combat I had some strange issues I've not experienced before, and was curious if anyone else has had these issues.

I added the players and the npcs to the map. I clicked on the token to set the visibility to always visible, b/c there were a few that were confronting the pcs. The players were unable to move their tokens, they could change size, and orientation, but couldn't move the tokens. If they tried all they succeeded in doing was moving the map. I made sure the tokens were unlocked, they were, and still the same issues. Also if they clicked on their pc tokens it reset my previously visible npc tokens to invisible again. I tried changing maps and had the same issues.

Any ideas what is going on?

thanks,
    terry

Blog Entries
    Hey Terry, lots of possibilities, but nothing definitive without more information. Please see the link in my signature about reporting issues. It will help you give us the details we need to help you. Such as Ruleset, extensions, repeatable details, logs, screenshots, etec.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

i'll look into the details for reporting and see if I can get one of my players to log on this week and see if we can get it to replicate again.

thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahzad View Post
    So last night I was running a game and when I loaded the encounter on the map we were using for combat I had some strange issues I've not experienced before, and was curious if anyone else has had these issues.

I added the players and the npcs to the map. I clicked on the token to set the visibility to always visible, b/c there were a few that were confronting the pcs. The players were unable to move their tokens, they could change size, and orientation, but couldn't move the tokens. If they tried all they succeeded in doing was moving the map. I made sure the tokens were unlocked, they were, and still the same issues. Also if they clicked on their pc tokens it reset my previously visible npc tokens to invisible again. I tried changing maps and had the same issues.

Any ideas what is going on?

thanks,
    terry
    Just in case, did you add them to the map from the Combat Tracker? That caught me more than once.

I'm the player in another game, and had the same issues for the last two sessions. We couldn't move our tokens, It would start to drag, then jump back.

so I found the issue was being caused by the Critically Awesome Essentials Module - One Click Druid, and the Generic Token Swapper that goes with it. If it's loaded then I experience all the issues that I mentioned further up, unload it and everything works as normal. that sucks my druid player was excited about the automation that module was going to afford him.

thanks,

so I found the issue was being caused by the Critically Awesome Essentials Module - One Click Druid, and the Generic Token Swapper that goes with it. If it's loaded then I experience all the issues that I mentioned further up, unload it and everything works as normal. that sucks my druid player was excited about the automation that module was going to afford him.

thanks,
    You might check to see if there is an updated version of the of the extension. They get updated pretty frequently to keep up with FGU changes.

If you have the latest version, you should probably report it to the extension author, with steps to reproduce, so they can hopefully resolve the issue.

so I found the issue was being caused by the Critically Awesome Essentials Module - One-Click Druid, and the Generic Token Swapper that goes with it. If it's loaded, then I experience all the issues that I mentioned further up, unload I,t and everything work as normal. that sucks. My druid player was excited about the automation that the module was going to afford him
    Thanksnks,
    Reach out to Diablo Bob, the developer of the Druid Essentials. I do not think that you should use both Generic token swapper and OCDE extensions together. The Genric token swapper is for Non-DnD rulesets I believe, and the other is for DnD5e.

Edit: Did you fix this @Ahzad ?
    Last edited by Laerun; February 16th, 2022 at 23:11. Reason: fixed quote tag
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

Thread Information