STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 7 First 1234 ... Last
    This is in no way a criticism of Jiminimonka, but it's kind of concerning that it takes this much time to get a product approved once it's submitted. I've actually been waiting for this and the Foundry version was released two weeks ago (along with the GM guide) as a bundle with the Player's handbook. I prefer using FG for my SWADE games, but I have seriously been contemplating just using Foundry due to the delay of this getting approved.

I get that everyone is busy, but when you've got potential products to sell, I would think you'd want to get them on the market as soon as possible.

Either way, thanks for getting this done, Jiminimonka. I look forward to seeing it some time in 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by wframe View Post
    This is in no way a criticism of Jiminimonka, but it's kind of concerning that it takes this much time to get a product approved once it's submitted. I've actually been waiting for this and the Foundry version was released two weeks ago (along with the GM guide) as a bundle with the Player's handbook. I prefer using FG for my SWADE games, but I have seriously been contemplating just using Foundry due to the delay of this getting approved.

I get that everyone is busy, but when you've got potential products to sell, I would think you'd want to get them on the market as soon as possible.

Either way, thanks for getting this done, Jiminimonka. I look forward to seeing it some time in 2022.
    No problem.

The difference with FG approval and Foundry is that Pinnacle are doing the Foundry rules and only have to push one product at a time. Whereas Smiteworks has many products lined up with different people working on them and only 2 people to do the approval process.

It definitely needs some streamlining. Smiteworks have to make sure it's up to standard of course and sometimes things get missed and need to be corrected, all of which requires emails between the developer and Smiteworks with all the time zone differences and work scheduled etc getting in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    No problem.

The difference with FG approval and Foundry is that Pinnacle are doing the Foundry rules and only have to push one product at a time. Whereas Smiteworks has many products lined up with different people working on them and only 2 people to do the approval process.

It definitely needs some streamlining. Smiteworks have to make sure it's up to standard of course and sometimes things get missed and need to be corrected, all of which requires emails between the developer and Smiteworks with all the time zone differences and work scheduled etc getting in the way.
    Point in fact, I got an email - there are some images left over from the PDF import in the exported module and some other things needing a tidy up. Fixing this now.

Point in fact, I got an email - there are some images left over from the PDF import in the exported module and some other things needing a tidy up. Fixing this now.
    Thanks for the update.

Hi, @Jiminimonka - Do you still think we'll get this in the next week or two? I am starting a Savage Rifts campaign in a couple of weeks and would sure love this.

Quote Originally Posted by thendrich View Post
    Hi, @Jiminimonka - Do you still think we'll get this in the next week or two? I am starting a Savage Rifts campaign in a couple of weeks and would sure love this.
    I hope so, but its not possible to say for sure. I fixed the "bug" (it was actually not a bug, just I copied some extra images into the folder) and it has been pushed by Smiteworks to re-check anything else, but it then has to be submitted to Steam, for their approval process, which takes about a week as well. I know Smiteworks often work at the weekend, but I have no idea if Valve do.

If I hear anything it will be in this thread.

I hope so, but its not possible to say for sure. I fixed the "bug" (it was actually not a bug, just I copied some extra images into the folder) and it has been pushed by Smiteworks to re-check anything else, but it then has to be submitted to Steam, for their approval process, which takes about a week as well. I know Smiteworks often work at the weekend, but I have no idea if Valve do.

If I hear anything it will be in this thread.
    Thank you! I appreciate your updates.

Status now is "Reviewed", so now its going to Valve!

Status now is "Reviewed", so now its going to Valve!
    Awesome! I'm excited for this.

Quote Originally Posted by thendrich View Post
    Awesome! I'm excited for this.
    I am not saying anything except 22nd..... Yeah!

Thread Information