DICE PACKS BUNDLE

How do you Create a Custom d66 Table with a 1d6+1d60 Dice?

Does anyone know how you create a d66 table with a dice of 1d6+1d60, like some of the MgT2 tables such as Random Passenger?

Creating a new table with 36 rows (11-16, 21-26, 31-36, 41-46, 51-56, 61-66) ends up with a dice of 1d56+10, which of course doesn't work. I know I can copy the Random Passenger table and clear out the descriptive text for each row and use it as a template, but I'm homebrewing a setting that will need its own d66 tables and ideally I'd import them from my source document via the FGU Table Import feature.

[Edit] Never mind - figured it out. I didn't realize one of the custom dice was a d60. So right clicking the [d6] > 'Custom Dice' > 'd60' and then dragging & dropping it on the table's 'Custom" field added the d60. Then dragging & dropping an additional [d6] onto that table field added the initial 1d6, which resulted in a final dice of 1d6+1d60. So sweet that the ruleset supports this!
    Last edited by kronovan; February 2nd, 2022 at 21:51.

The ruleset you're using would have to support the custom "d66" rolling method and dice. Then, you would need to drag the special d60 + d6 dice combo to the custom dice rolling field on the table record. Because d66 isn't a contiguous roll region; it doesn't really fit in with the rest of the dice that roll d# equal to a number between 1 and #.

For an easier general purpose (or for systems that don't natively support the "d66" roll); you could rewrite the table to a 1-36 table; and just let the default random number generation happen.

Regards,
    JPG

Thanks for the reply Moon Wizard. You probably missed my edit when you posted, but I did manage to figure out how to add a d60 and create my d66 tables. For the few times with other rulesets that don't have a d60 where I want a d66 table, I just create 6, secondary 1d6 tables that contain the results. Then a primary d6 table in which I embed the 6 secondary tables into the 6 rows. I have created 1-36 tables before, but I really like the animated dice rolls. :-P

kronovan, I'm bouncing in my seat. I have a video for you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnpR...GroundsAcademy

Thread Information