FG Spreadshirt Swag

Forge - Extension Version Control

I recently ran into an issue with an extension on the forge that for whatever reason was not updating. I was getting an error in game and after reporting it someone noticed that I was running an older extension than the one posted in the forge. The extension in question was "Better Menus" authored by celestian. I do think someone should verify that the forge updates are working correctly, but that's not really the purpose of this post. Currently (as far as I am aware) the forge does not show versioning information on the site, so there's no real (easy) way for me to be sure I am running the latest version of an extension or that it updated correctly. I know there are forums associated with the forge extensions that may contain version information, but extension current version should be visible on the forge itself. Is that something we can have as a data field populated by the developers? If it's already there, some greater visibility and easy access would be very welcome.

Remove it from your Extensions folder and then hit update.

A version field/more easily visible versioning is a good idea. Requests for new Forge features should be made in this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...orge-Wish-List Please add your request there.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by eporrini View Post
    I recently ran into an issue with an extension on the forge that for whatever reason was not updating. I was getting an error in game and after reporting it someone noticed that I was running an older extension than the one posted in the forge. The extension in question was "Better Menus" authored by celestian. I do think someone should verify that the forge updates are working correctly, but that's not really the purpose of this post. Currently (as far as I am aware) the forge does not show versioning information on the site, so there's no real (easy) way for me to be sure I am running the latest version of an extension or that it updated correctly. I know there are forums associated with the forge extensions that may contain version information, but extension current version should be visible on the forge itself. Is that something we can have as a data field populated by the developers? If it's already there, some greater visibility and easy access would be very welcome.
    Having issues with getting the most updated version from the forge? Follow these steps:

1)Make sure you own the ext. It will be in your forge inventory.
    Attachment 51266

2)Delete Local Copies in extensions folder. If you don't see it don't worry, it could be in your vault. Which we will fix too.
    Attachment 51268

3)Disable and Hide the ext you can't seem to get the correct update.
    Attachment 51267

4)Update Fantasy Grounds Unity.
    Attachment 51269

5)Go back to the FORGE and click on Inventory (1), then Hidden tab (2), then click Enable and Unhide (3).
    Attachment 51270

6) Update Fantasy Grounds Unity again.

P.S.

If you do put it on the wish list let me know, I will up vote it.

Thread Information