5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Thanks for sharing your ruleset! I'm wondering how you add additional dice to the roll - my players often buy additional dice with Momentum or Threat, and as far as I can see, the STA character sheets only lets you roll up to two dice. Is this not implemented, or am I missing something?

You can right-click once you've picked up the 2d20 for additional ones (I think rolling the manual d20 under the chat window [+ any additional dice with right-click] may also work.

[Also took us a session to figure out.]
    Last edited by stephan_; May 25th, 2022 at 23:02.

Quote Originally Posted by stephan_ View Post
    You can right-click once you've picked up the 2d20 for additional ones (I think rolling the manual d20 under the chat window [+ any additional dice with righr-click] may also work.

[Also took us a session to figure out.]
    Thank you, that did the trick!

(Using the manual dice under the chat window doesn't automatically assess the task's outcome, though. Or I just haven't found a way to do it correctly yet...)

(At least in theory, as long as you set the Attribute and Discipline [and optionally the difficulty] on the character sheet, the manual roll should recognize it - though I haven't tested it out recently.]

Also note from the documentation: "The roll widget defaults 2d20 but you can get a single d20 by either dragging/clicking with the middle mouse button, or holding CTRL while dragging/clicking on the roll widget."

I figured out why I couldn't get it to work with manual rolls: Task outcome is only calculated the first time you roll dice manually; you have to select Attribute and Discipline again for each roll (even if you want to use the exact same combination again).
    I'm finding this behavior unintuitive, but now I know how it works it's not really a problem.

Is there a trick to making Talents? I added them in the button labeled "Talents" and followed the rules for "Requirements" in the documentation. When I try to add a talent from the wizard, I get an error:

Script execution error: [string "lifepath/scripts/lifepath_add_link_button.l..."]:47: attempt to index a nil value

Is there a different way I should be adding them? Do they need a category name?

EDITED: In case anyone stumbles across this, talents cannot have an empty string under requirements. The wizard parses them correctly as described in the documentation if they were created within the same session. However, it seems that upon saving and reloading, any talent with an empty string loses it's "requirements" property entirely (I'm assuming this a compression optimization on FGU's end). Always fill the field with "None" if it has no requirements.
    Last edited by CowsRespectMe; September 17th, 2022 at 16:50. Reason: Proposed fix is incorrect.

Also, be aware that adding talents that require attribute scores (e.g., listing "Daring 10+" in the talent's requirements) such as those found in the Operations or Science Division supplemental books seems breaks the wizard. It seems only Disciplines are searched in that manner, and that if any other word appears before a "NUMBER+" it will render all functionality related to talents in the wizard unusable.

What is the possibility of releasing a version of a 2d20 ruleset without any setting applied to it? The Modiphius Conan 2d20 license is closing within a week, which means the current official Conan 2d20 ruleset for FGU probably won't be getting any development to fix the problems it has and increase it's playability. If someone released a 2d20 skeleton ruleset there are people who would gladly take the time to input the info from the books/pdfs they own so they could host a game. It would also allow people to input setting info for games they have homebrewed outside of the properties Modiphius has created.

That would actually be tough since the dice rolling would be the same, many other wrinkles appear in each setting they have released. Each of the rulesets I created had a ton of differences between the two. From the number of attributes and skills, to how items and combat are handled. The most universal system would be (my opinion) would be Dune as it needs to cover many aspects without drilling down too deep. An universal 2d20 system wouldn't be an easy task without a ton of work.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Thread Information