Starfinder Playlist

Thread: Module Creation

  1. #1

    Module Creation

    Are there any good threads or videos on Module Creation / Reference Manual creation aimed at the exporting.

    I seem to have a real problem with iterative module creation, when I save it, and go back to it, it seems to always have the old content in, seems to lose changes despite exporting

    Any pointers would be appreciated

    Mav
    __________________________________________________ ___________________
    UK Based DM - Ultimate Licence Holder
    Discord: Mavrik6666#9572

  2. #2
    This thread here is probably what you are looking for.

    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Best-Practices
    Paul Grosse
    PCGen BoD
    PR Silverback

  3. #3
    Zacchaeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    18,311
    The key factor is never open the module you just created in the campaign you exported it from. 99% of the cases that I've helped people with this kind of issue is down to them opening the created module in the campaign they exported from and then editing the items in the module instead of the items in the campaign. So when they export none of their changes 'take' since they've not actually edited the correct thing. Hand in hand with that is that you can only export that which is created in the campaign. You cannot export something which exists in a module.
    If you need to contact customer support or if there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

  4. #4
    damned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    25,030
    Blog Entries
    1
    You need to close and reopen modules to see changes that were made since the module or table was last loaded.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    The key factor is never open the module you just created in the campaign you exported it from. 99% of the cases that I've helped people with this kind of issue is down to them opening the created module in the campaign they exported from and then editing the items in the module instead of the items in the campaign. So when they export none of their changes 'take' since they've not actually edited the correct thing. Hand in hand with that is that you can only export that which is created in the campaign. You cannot export something which exists in a module.



    How can you export a reference manual as per the 'Builder' button then, as this is only available in the Module section, not in the campaign section ?
    __________________________________________________ ___________________
    UK Based DM - Ultimate Licence Holder
    Discord: Mavrik6666#9572

  6. #6
    Zacchaeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    18,311
    You can tick the reference manual check box in the export panel. Again this will only export what you created in the campaign. It won't export a reference manual in a module open in that campaign.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If you need to contact customer support or if there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    You can tick the reference manual check box in the export panel. Again this will only export what you created in the campaign. It won't export a reference manual in a module open in that campaign.
    I get all that, maybe Im missing a fundemental.... a reference manual only exists in a module, it doesnt exist in a campaign does it ? you can only create and edit it in a module, from the module window.. how can it be created in a campaign ?
    __________________________________________________ ___________________
    UK Based DM - Ultimate Licence Holder
    Discord: Mavrik6666#9572

  8. #8
    Hitting the builder button from the library is the campaign Reference Manual.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

    How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

    How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

    Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

    Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

    Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

    Have a suggestion?-Idea Informer

  9. #9
    Zacchaeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    18,311
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavrik6666 View Post
    I get all that, maybe Im missing a fundemental.... a reference manual only exists in a module, it doesnt exist in a campaign does it ? you can only create and edit it in a module, from the module window.. how can it be created in a campaign ?
    See video Twenty-Six here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...112#post492112
    If you need to contact customer support or if there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Joshua Stream Pre

Log in

Log in