DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Import/Export Module Content Between Rulesets?

Is there a ruleset-agnostic export option? If I'd like to transfer some custom module content I've made, like a reference manual or some tables, from a D&D 5E module to an AD&D 2E campaign, is there any way to achieve that?

There is the universal module extension.

It works well for Stories and things of that nature, Items, NPCs are typically different between rulesets, so you'll need to take care of those yourself (they will show up, but the stats will be wrong).

Blog Entries
    You can also create and export the module in CoreRPG, then change the labels in the xml to include other rulesets or 'all' (I don't remember if it needs be capitalized or not).

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulimo View Post
    There is the universal module extension.

It works well for Stories and things of that nature, Items, NPCs are typically different between rulesets, so you'll need to take care of those yourself (they will show up, but the stats will be wrong).
    Interesting! Do you know if it works with tables, too? (simple dice value - text entry pairs)

If there are errors while importing, does it still complete the import so that I can fix the broken content manually?

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    You can also create and export the module in CoreRPG, then change the labels in the xml to include other rulesets or 'all' (I don't remember if it needs be capitalized or not).
    Oh, you mean edit the xml with a text editor to include other rulesets?

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperventilator View Post
    Interesting! Do you know if it works with tables, too? (simple dice value - text entry pairs)

If there are errors while importing, does it still complete the import so that I can fix the broken content manually?
    It's not an import per se.

It allows you to open modules in a different ruleset. Everything will be there, but as I said, unless the formats between the rulesets are exactly the same then while it will show up, it won't work properly. This is especially true for things like Items and NPCs. Story entries, images, and those types of things are typically fine.

From the extension description:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperventilator View Post
    Oh, you mean edit the xml with a text editor to include other rulesets?
    Yes, there are instructions around o how to do it. Sorry I am on my phone and won't have time to find it for you for a few days. Busy weekend coming up.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Universal Modules should work with Tables fine.
    It will open NPCs but will only display the values belonging to field names common to both rulesets.

Universal Modules works really well. I’ve been using it for my PF1 campaign so that I can run AD&D 1e/2e modules (though the party hasn’t gotten to any yet, the extension made setup much easier).

Thread Information