FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Are there no monsters in the monster manual (2E)

I purchased the monsterous manual. I have it loaded. I open it (Books -> Monsterous Manual) and scroll through all the pages. There are no actual monsters. Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Tensin View Post
    I purchased the monsterous manual. I have it loaded. I open it (Books -> Monsterous Manual) and scroll through all the pages. There are no actual monsters. Am I missing something?
    They are listed under Records->NPC.

The ref-manual contains some specific information on types (dragons, lycanthropes, elementals/etc) and tables. All the information the NPC detail information from the MM is on the NPC record under the Details tab on said creature.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

That worked: found them. Thanks. Was surprised when opening the book didn't show them.

That worked: found them. Thanks. Was surprised when opening the book didn't show them.
    I did consider having ref-man with same information but it would duplicate all the text on the NPC itself and... the MM is fairly large because of monster images/tokens as is.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Yea. As I start building out my own reference materials, I'm noticing that things often need to go in several times. In the reference text, in the reference text table, and then in the appropriate spot; and if it's a weapon, again as a weapon within the item (to give actual damage). It can be a bit slow-going. Even with the text and images already in electronic format, migrating something like a setting into FG seems to take 10-20 hours (maybe more, not done yet... and getting all the spells and items in looks slow going).

I'm surprised that putting the monsters in the reference adds considerably to the size. The text should compress well and the images should already be in the collection (though I guess I've not looked yet to see if there's more than the map icon).

I do wish more places would accept embedded images (or that there was at least one image field in the item/creature dialog). Having links just isn't the same (though in-game it likely works well).

I do wish more places would accept embedded images (or that there was at least one image field in the item/creature dialog). Having links just isn't the same (though in-game it likely works well).
    Absolutely agree. I'd love to have inline images everywhere you have formatted text fields.
    ---

Since it's my thread, and it's resolved, I'm gonna hijack it.
    For the tables without rolls (like the Con modifiers tables); I have tried making them pages in the reference; but it has the ToC full of tables and looks odd. What's your SOP there?

I take it that there's no way to move a page to a different section/subsection? I'm tempted to move them to the appendix.
    Last edited by Tensin; January 29th, 2022 at 07:34. Reason: Added thought

Since it's my thread, and it's resolved, I'm gonna hijack it.
    For the tables without rolls (like the Con modifiers tables); I have tried making them pages in the reference; but it has the ToC full of tables and looks odd. What's your SOP there?

I take it that there's no way to move a page to a different section/subsection? I'm tempted to move them to the appendix.
    I think in the PHB I make a entire appendix and placed them there (might even have been in the original book). If not PHB one or more of the handbooks.

If they are rollable I generally put a link, if not I make sure it's in the book where it appears at the very least.
    ---

Yea. It's another strangeness that I'm noticing as I attempt to impliment in FG. If the table is rollable, then there's a table schema for it; but if the table is just a table, then it's put in a text box in the reference. The books treat both tables the same way, but the game treats them very differently.

If there were a way to store all tables in the same place and work with them all the same, that would be nicer (let me store non-roll tables, and not as a hacked-in, with the roll tables).

Also, it would be really nice if I could embed/export. I'd love to build all the tables in the table list, then embed them in text (or at least make them all at the end of the book in their own table views), other than just the links now.

But I digress... the real problem now is that some tables are in the reference directly and others are in the tables table and referenced in the reference.

Side question: There's no way to move a page from one category to another in the reference, is there?

Side question: There's no way to move a page from one category to another in the reference, is there?
    Do you mean in the Builder? I don't actually use it more than a stage before export. I create my ref-manuals as story entries and use Author to push those into builder when I'm done and then export. I might tweak 1 or 2 things in the builder but otherwise.
    ---

Thread Information