DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Lightning Effect Missing from "Intense" Rain FX

I might just be misremembering, but I could swear that when the Rain FX had the intensity turned up there was a lightning effect that happened. That doesn't seem to be the case anymore. Was this removed?

Would it be possible to get Lightning as a separate FX, independent of rain? It would be nice to be able to have those flashes going before the storm arrives sometimes.

Thanks!

-Matt

AFAIK, lightning was never part of the rain FX. I'll pass along the request for lightning, and you might want to add to the wish list in my signature below.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    AFAIK, lightning was never part of the rain FX. I'll pass along the request for lightning, and you might want to add to the wish list in my signature below.

Regards,
    JPG
    Oh it definitely was. When you turned it up high you would get lightning flashes. Hadn't noticed it has gone.

I never used it myself; so I’ll have to ask Carl when he is back in the office.

JPG

Yeah it definitely was. Personally I would rather it be made into a lightning FX layer rather than the rain one though. It always felt weird having them be connected.

Agreed, although maybe just a Lightning slider within the rain FX might be better than a separate FX entirely?

Just wondering if Carl had any input on this. My players are approaching a location that would benefit greatly from some lightning sans rain.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mattvictim View Post
    Just wondering if Carl had any input on this. My players are approaching a location that would benefit greatly from some lightning sans rain.
    There is a bug logged for the lightning effect not working when the intensity is increased. This is the expected behavior, but I haven't had a chance to investigate just yet. As far as a lightning effect without rain, that is not an existing effect and it is not currently on any lists for implementation.

Any luck with restoring the functionality of the lightning with the Rain FX?

Video of old effect: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cc720zhv5g...%20FX.MOV?dl=0

Thread Information