STAR TREK 2d20

One player has black map

Running into this exact same issue. This is happening to just one player, all up to date FGU, Was working fine just a week (maybe two?) ago. I have no extensions enabled. This is a RoleMaster game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsa View Post
    Running into this exact same issue. This is happening to just one player, all up to date FGU, Was working fine just a week (maybe two?) ago. I have no extensions enabled. This is a RoleMaster game.
    See my comment in post #26 above regarding deleting the player side cache.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

We tried that multiple times and have uninstalled and reinstalled the entire FGU

I've moved these posts to a new thread. Even though the issue may appear to be the same, it could well be different and it's most efficient and less confusing all round to treat each issue individually.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsa View Post
    We tried that multiple times and have uninstalled and reinstalled the entire FGU
    Just as an FYI - uninstalling FGU will not clear out the player cache - all FG application data (including the player cache) is not deleted when FGU is uninstalled.

To take a step back...

Please provide a zipped out campaign directory. And provide details of which steps you take to recreate the issue - which map, which player has the issue, etc., etc..
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

So I had a chance to sit down with two of my players tonight. We tried out many scenarios,, clearing the cache after each one. The one that is running into the issue seemed to run into it when there were large items in the directory. So we tried everything from 1Mb to 100Mb files and the breaking point was somewhere between 7 and 14Mb. And once broken it remained broken. Mind you the other player got new files without an issue. I can send you a copy of the campaign file, but it is clearly on the players end. Would it be helpful to send that to you then have you connect to the running game?

Blog Entries
    Have that player check their computer and firewall security. It sounds like flood Protection being activated.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information