DICE PACKS BUNDLE

can't see savage worlds book in library

I'll start off by saying that I don't know anything about modules.

I bought the SW module and appeared to have installed it correctly, despite any instructions. However, I can't see any books in the library.

Ideas I have already tried from reading the other posts in this forum:
    - clicking the "mod" button to "open" the books. When I click the mod button, no books are shown. There is nothing there.
    - going into my application data subfolder and verifying that the SW files with the .mod extension are in the modules folder. In the modules folder I see "swrulesgm_final.mod", "swrulesplayer_final.mod", "swrulesquickreference_final.mod", and "againstorcs_final.mod".

Can anyone help me?

Quote Originally Posted by longarms
    ...despite any instructions.
    Depending where you unzipped the file if you look in \DGA040SavageWorldsII\SW Ruleset, you'll see "SWII Read Me", thats the instructions!

Previously: MurghBpurn

Are you creating a new campaign with the SW ruleset? This has to happen first before you will see anything.

Open FGII
    Host as Gamemaster -> Create New Campaign
    Name Campaign whatever you want to
    Change the ruleset in the drop down box to the SW ruleset...

You should go into FGII, and will be able to access the modules, if your modules are placed in the ../modules folder.

Give that a try, and let us know what happens.

Sandeman
    Last edited by kalmarjan; September 15th, 2007 at 20:15.
    Ultimate Licence holder

I've had FG for so LONG I DON'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT!

But I'm learning!

Yes I did create a campaign with the ruleset, that's why I meant that everything appeared to be working (I can see the new background, etc.)

I just tried deleting everything and reinstalling. Now, the books ARE listed in mod and I have loaded them into the library. So... I guess brute force solved the problem for now.

"Depending where you unzipped the file if you look in \DGA040SavageWorldsII\SW Ruleset, you'll see "SWII Read Me", thats the instructions!"

I eventually found those and then forgot about them as I did not consider them to be very helpful. First of all, I had to rename the file extension to be able to open them. Second, they should be placed in the highest level of the zip file so that somebody sees them first thing. Third, they were vague enough to seem incomplete and possibly unreliable. Any success I apparantly had in getting this to work was due to the helpful posts in this forum.
    Last edited by longarms; September 15th, 2007 at 20:27.

Thread Information