DICE PACKS BUNDLE

New Task Chain Feature - Some Questions?

I want to create a new thread as opposed to adding a post to the TC Extension thread, since Task Chains are now part of the MgT2e ruleset.

Anyhow...I've created 2 Task Chains, but I'm not getting the correct results. I never used the previous extension, so I'm not even sure I'm doing it correctly. Here's what I'm doing:

~ I right-click the Task Chain window and choose 'Create Item' to add a new Task Chain.
    ~ I then click the [+] button to create a new skill row, then I drag the desired skill from the Skills window onto 'Skill Required' box. NOTE: I've tried this by dragging & dropping from both from the 'Character' > 'Skills' list and from the 'Modules' > 'Mongoose Traveler 2E - Players Reference' > 'Skills' list. Both successfully add the skill.
    ~ I then change the 'Characteristic' and 'Task Difficulty' boxes ('Average - 8' for my tests) to the desired settings.
    ~ I then repeat the above steps for the other skill(s) in the chain.

Once all the skills are there, I've been dragging & dropping the skill from a PC sheet onto the appropriate Task Chain row to roll the skill.
    I then do a drag & drop for different PCs for the appropriate skill(s).

In each case the correct skill roll is made, the roll + DM is added to the the 'Result' box and the Effect is added to the Effect box. However, it's always the exact effect and not the expected Task Chain DM that's added to the Effect box. As well, the previous Effect is never added to the additional TC rolls made as a DM+ or a DM-.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong. So if someone could point that out, it'd be much appreciated.

Something else I've noticed, is that there's a [Menu] button at the bottom left of the TC window, that when hovered over pops up a help bubble with the text "Click for CT Window." Clicking the button does nothing. I'm assuming that button might be there because the Combat Tracker window/form is being used for TC's, but that's just my assumption.

[Edit] I forgot to mention that I've also tried changing the 'Options' > 'House Rules (GM)' > 'Task Chains: Filter tasks' setting between "No" and "Yes", but it has no effect.
    Last edited by kronovan; January 25th, 2022 at 23:05.

Took me a moment to realize there's a place to create task chains in the drop down menu under Campaign and then you can drag and drop them into the task chain tracker when needed. I can confirm as with kronovan, that the skill rolls seem to work, but the task chain bonus/penalty that should be created doesn't seem to be applied to the next roll?

Quote Originally Posted by rcruk View Post
    Took me a moment to realize there's a place to create task chains in the drop down menu under Campaign and then you can drag and drop them into the task chain tracker when needed.
    Well I don't know how, but somehow I missed that window - Doh! Now that you've pointed it out, I've recreated my test Task Chain in it. Previously I was just building my task chains directly in the Task Chain tracker window. Now that I've built one in the Campaign > Task Chain window and dragged & dropped it to the TC tracker though, I see it arrives at the same result as what I did initially. So I guess before I was sort of dynamically building a task chain on the fly. :-P Just as you are, I'm still getting the same result - the Effects are displayed correctly, but no DM is applied to the next roll.

Or are we perhaps just supposed to add the DM in the mod box for the next task, because that does work? If that's the case, it's still IMO a nice, convenient step forward over viewing and then summing the roll result text in the chat window on the fly.
    Last edited by kronovan; January 26th, 2022 at 16:34.

I used the module before integration with the main rule set, and it used to add the achieved bonus/penalty to the next test in the chain. I think this one is also intended to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by rcruk View Post
    I used the module before integration with the main rule set, and it used to add the achieved bonus/penalty to the next test in the chain. I think this one is also intended to do so.
    Same, and funnily enough, I had some old Taskchains made with the extension still in the Tracker, and it worked for those just fine for some reason.
    Pathfinder/Traveller GM - Sometimes running CPRed, CoC, AD&D2E, and other stuff - Ultimate License
    Currently running Pirates of Drinax, and Skulls and Shackles
    Check out my little dungeon map blog

OK cool, good to know the DMs worked correctly in the old extension. We'll have to wait for a fix for the current feature.

Hi All,

Seems the merge with the main ruleset didn't go as well as it should have done. Even though I tested and all appeared to be correct, seems something later broke something. I'll get this all working again this week for an update on the 15th.

Cheers
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Did this get fixed? It still seems to be having issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Stargrove View Post
    Did this get fixed? It still seems to be having issues.
    Yes, it's all fixed, but in the pipeline to be released very soon, ie over to Smiteworks in the week, so should be the following week (assuming CoreRPG has been updated - new Sidebar changes part II).

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Thread Information